15 replies to this topic

#1 cardiackat88.

cardiackat88.

NFL GURU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

Here's the situation, taken from a real life situation I had an argument about, but changed slightly to not be the actual 100% story. Only names changed.

You are on a football team. You are a small guy, punter, kicker, etc.You go out to a bar with a few other players.

The other players are in a biker gang, and you are not.

Outside the bar, a rival gang starts and argument with your buds.

They are outnumbered at 3 to 6, 4 to 6 including you.

The men attacking your teammates have baseball bats, and are beating them severely.

You are in the vehicle you drove in when you witness the fight start.

What do you do?

In real life, the person in the vehicle was bad mouthed and called an awful teammate for staying in the truck and calling the cops.

What the hell was he expected to do? Run up and get his skull smashed in too?

One person even suggested running over the men with bats, and what, go to prison?

Before you ask, no, the person was not me,
But I think he made the best decision. I seriously don't see why anyone would down him so bad for
His actions.

I would really love to hear all inputs.

#2 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,829 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:18 PM

can you best save them by jumping your small ass out of the truck and getting your head caved in too, or by calling the cops and getting law enforcement and medical assistance to the scene asap?

sounds like staying in the car would be the wisest choice unless there's a legit chance you're going to save somebody's life on the spot

#3 cardiackat88.

cardiackat88.

NFL GURU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

can you best save them by jumping your small ass out of the truck and getting your head caved in too, or by calling the cops and getting law enforcement and medical assistance to the scene asap?

sounds like staying in the car would be the wisest choice unless there's a legit chance you're going to save somebody's life on the spot

I am glad you agree with me.

The person in the real situation is also single, I have a wife and three kids. What good would I be to them in the hospital or in prison?

#4 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

1. I'm a little guy. I know there is some truth to the saying "Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog." There is even more truth to the saying "a good big man will beat a good little man". Yes me & my buds got into our share of barfights when I was in the Army. If I was caught in the middle I did my best &my dirtiest. If I was in a position to get the cops, I did that. Not so much to get them medical attention, but to make sure none of them went to jail because I made sure the cops go in with "they jumped my buddies!" ringing in their ears

2.Hit them with the car? Really!? While they're fighting hand to hand?

3. If this was a biker thing with 1%ers or wannabe 1% ers, its likely that while his buddies' club might give him an attaboy, if 20 of the other bikers see his car & start some poo like those assholes in NY did recently, none of them would help because he's not a member of their club.

In short, he was exactly right.

#5 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,108 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:40 AM

Why are there "biker gang" players on a team?  This is confusing.

#6 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,983 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

Unless you're Bruce Lee or Chuck Norris, if the other gang has already beaten your buds down, no matter how big you are, what's getting out going to accomplish other than adding you to the beat down list?  Then who's calling the cops since you're down too?

#7 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,506 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

Call cops and emergency responders.

Then maybe get out and end up getting beat up too.  Kinda hard to say for sure what I'd do, but def. would call responders first.

#8 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,312 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:37 PM

You fight for your boys. If you don't you're a terrible friend and teammate

#9 PanthersBigD

PanthersBigD

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

Calling the cops was the right call. The guys in the gang chose to be in the gang, and all that it entails. Your friend did not, and would most likely not get any protection from his friends' gang if the other gang came after him later.

Edit: If this were just a fight between drunk guys after a night at a bar, I personally would get involved, even if it meant getting my ass beat. I am less inclined to insert myself into an gang beef if I am not a member.

#10 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,270 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:42 PM

so his teammates are also in a biker gang...and then another gang (not a team) starts something with them.  How is he a terrible teammate for staying and calling the cops?  If anything he's a "terrible" gang member, but hes not in the gang, correct? 

Regardless, the dude in the car did the right thing. 

#11 cardiackat88.

cardiackat88.

NFL GURU

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,047 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Why are there "biker gang" players on a team? This is confusing.

Those are the details I edited to not entirely put the situation on the internet, it was hard to come up with a good comparison, but that was as close as I could get.

#12 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,108 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

I wonder what the law is, if you see someone getting beaten down with, what is seemingly a deadly weapon, if you can brandish a firearm to stop the beating?

Never really thought about this too much.

#13 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

Only Batman or Bane from TDKR would have had the discretion to get involved in a fight like that. They did the right thing by staying in the car.

The only scenario where I would get it out if was a best friend or life long bro.

#14 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 10 October 2013 - 12:59 PM

This just sounds confusing.  I'm picturing a bunch of big bearded guys playing on a football team lol.

Anyway, how did the fight even start?

And if they are in a gang (real gang, not just hanging out) then that is the life they chose.

#15 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

I wonder what the law is, if you see someone getting beaten down with, what is seemingly a deadly weapon, if you can brandish a firearm to stop the beating?

Never really thought about this too much.

I think there is a law that states you are allowed to fight back but only with enough force to stop an attacker. Like if someone hit you in the face. You couldn't beat his face in, break his back Bane style, then curb stomp him and claim self defense.

Not sure how that applies to an observer of a crime though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com