Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've been told this is funny because it is photoshopped. I still don't find it humorous. Do you?

68 posts in this topic

Posted

How is it implied racism? Just curious. This bit was done in Naked Gun as well. (minus the domestic violence)

1 person likes this

Posted

It must suck to walk around pissed off and offended all the time. :lolu:

2 people like this

Posted

How is it implied racism? Just curious. This bit was done in Naked Gun as well. (minus the domestic violence)

Exactly.  It's racist because the baby is black?  The fact that she cheated couldn't be conveyed if the baby was white now could it.

Posted

I'm not sure it implied racism, just that the woman cheated on him and he obviously found out because the baby came out black.  No other way for a picture to tell you she cheated on him.  Although you would assume by now he'd be used to the idea and wouldn't punch her before a family photo.  Maybe at the hospital would make more sense?  The fact he's there, posing in a family picture should show you that he probably cares for the baby even though it is black, therefor negating implied racism.   

That being said, it's not that funny really, maybe to 12 year olds it is.

Posted

There isn't really any direct racism in the picture if you take the perspective that the gender of the baby helps to define the story as "He hit her because she cheated", because if the baby was white you wouldn't be able to tell. 

Of course, it might have been the fact that she cheated on him with a black man that made him so over the top mad as to strike her. Either way, it's a horribly photoshopped photo that tries to provide humor from some fairly distasteful subjects - particularly domestic violence and infidelity, neither of which do I find the least bit amusing. 

Posted

The racism I get is when they turned the baby's skin dark.

Do you think this is racist?

Minstrel.jpg

Okay, maybe they didn't put in a banjo in the photo, but still... They implied the domestic abuse was the result of an adulterous affair with someone of a darker complexion, by changing the baby's skin color... Changing the skin color, while also implying the affair, is still a racial alteration to the photograph.

Posted

While you see changing the skin color as racially motivated I see it as a way of distinguishing that the child was not his. Of course with the sense of humor the person has there is no way to know their intention and it certainly could have been racially motivated. Since we are in a vacuum with this picture, not knowing the background, I find it interesting top see what people think.

oj-naked-gun-500x281.jpg

Then Frank Drebin chases Nordberg down the hall....racism? or easiest way to show infidelity

Posted

i laughed

Posted

While you see changing the skin color as racially motivated I see it as a way of distinguishing that the child was not his. Of course with the sense of humor the person has there is no way to know their intention and it certainly could have been racially motivated. Since we are in a vacuum with this picture, not knowing the background, I find it interesting top see what people think.

oj-naked-gun-500x281.jpg

Then Frank Drebin chases Nordberg down the hall....racism? or easiest way to show infidelity

The only way you can compare these two us if Frank instead if chasing OJ around went and beat the shyt out of Elvis' ex wife and played the spousal abuse for laughs.

Posted

not offended, but didn't find it funny either so...

1 person likes this

Posted

The only way you can compare these two us if Frank instead if chasing OJ around went and beat the shyt out of Elvis' ex wife and played the spousal abuse for laughs.

So its about spousal abuse and not racially motivated

Posted

I suppose I'd have to find the original posting of the photoshop to truly judge the racial content. However, when I go to the places that do have it posted with comments, the comments seem more racially charged as opposed to having to deal with an affair...