Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've been told this is funny because it is photoshopped. I still don't find it humorous. Do you?

68 posts in this topic

Posted

so how many of you laugh at family guy on the reg

Posted

Perhaps I don't think of things like that first and foremost. My wife and I talked about adopting at some point in our lives after we are done having kids naturally. They most likely will be from somewhere like Kenya. So to me seeing to white people with a baby of another race doesn't make my mind go down that path

(But I understand the intent)

Posted

within the last ten years?

Posted

well i had a nice lengthy reply typed up, hit reply, and something choked and my comment got deleted.

more later

Posted

I feel like you're reaching, as were the other references to a movie.

This is a photo of average folks that was edited and circulated on the internet.

For all I know, the person that made it isn't paid for their comedy, nor on a level of a movie or tv director as far as artistic or creative license goes.

Again, PhillyB, I'm not trying to guilt you into anything or whatever. I just felt like it was a statement towards society as to how people react to things like this differently.

Posted

So its about spousal abuse and not racially motivated

It is about both. I think the white family in front of a black child is also being played for a laugh in this case.

But my point is even if a black child is there to tell a story it is still not funny if you are only playing on abuse and infidelity.

As a matter of fact I don't think it is funny on any level.

1 person likes this

Posted

So I take it no one has told you to put a blanket down on the beach before having sex to avoid getting SAND IN YOUR VAGINA.

Posted

I do. And it is usually funny.

I don't think this picture is funny even at the visceral level of just the joke and not even considering the subtext.

Humor on the wrong side of politically correct I don't have a problem with. But if it isn't funny you come off as just an insensitive ass.

In other words, I didn't find it unfunny because of the potentially offensive story, but because it simply isn't funny which makes the offensive story all that is left.

Posted

Exactly.  It's racist because the baby is black?  The fact that she cheated couldn't be conveyed if the baby was white now could it.

oh... I get it now, I thought it was was becuse she couldn't fuging clean the house.

2 people like this

Posted

Humor on the wrong side of politically correct I don't have a problem with. But if it isn't funny you come off as just an insensitive ass.

Isn't any joke that isn't politically correct going to make you come off as an insensitive ass to someone?

Posted

if that was a real picture of a victim of domestic abuse, it certainly would not be funny. however knowing that it's photoshopped, i can safely laugh at the thought of this woman being punched in the face

me? misogynistic? heh whatever pal i love women look at how much i objectify them

2 people like this

Posted

too lowbrow for even me.

1 person likes this