Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McCrory to spend up to $230,000 of taxpayer money to remodel his bathroom

39 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

The administration also provided an analysis of spending on repairs at the mansion under McCrory's immediate Democratic predecessors, Govs. Beverly Perdue and Mike Easley. Completed in 1891, the massive Queen Anne revival architectural landmark underwent a major $5 million renovation under Easley, but that work did not include the upstairs baths.

$5M. Just pointing it out.

Nothing to see here.

Move along.

Posted · Report post

you spent 40k to remodel a bathroom before?

Posted · Report post

I redid my bathroom myself, brand new tile throughout, cost me about $400 in material at Lowes

but I guess I am teh poors

Posted · Report post

tbh it all depends what these expenses were exactly... (re: the 5M).  That's a lot of money.

bathroom renovations may be needed, too, but tile etc?  I mean what was wrong with it?  The thing is, if you dont renovate old bathrooms they can cause structural damage.  but for that much? seems like a bad time for those expenses, no?

Posted · Report post

he's been shitting on nc so much That i dont begrudge him this expense

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Remodeling is very expensive. Just look at what the obamas spent on the white house.

Posted · Report post

he's been shitting on nc so much That i dont begrudge him this expense

And bull shittiyg as well. What a pussy POS he's turned out to be.

Posted · Report post

need alejandro's input on this before i form an opinion

Posted · Report post

Yeah I think the general point is, since we apparently don't have money for anything else, why can't this wait?

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Nice slab of granite can cost $10k-$15k. Nice tiles with designs will cost around $5k. Nice toilet and sink can cost around $10k. Add to that labor and other expenses and u got $40k.

Posted · Report post

Yeah I think the general point is, since we apparently don't have money for anything else, why can't this wait?

Exactly. Honestly it isn't the bathrooms getting refurbished. It is the fact you keep telling the poor, the unemployed, and the uninsured we don't have any money and we have to stop spending, and the having it come out that you are spending up to $230,000 on your PERSONAL bathrooms.

The optics of it is supreme hypocrisy.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

you spent 40k to remodel a bathroom before?

I gutted the master bath of a home I bought in Chicago about 6 years ago. New jetted tub, new shower with multiple rain heads and a steam system, heated floor under Italian terra cota tiles, all new fixtures, tv, etc. Cost us over 25k.

As I said, 40k is definitely expensive, but not unheard of.