Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 QB Talk

65 posts in this topic

Posted

Can Jameis Winston just be the #1 pick already so we can get it over with?

Bridgewater is money though, he will be a taller version of Russ Wilson in the NFL.

Posted

One QB I've got my eye on for the future is the true freshman at Penn St, Christian Hackenberg.  I think that guy is going to be GREAT in the NFL.  I'm certain he will be a Top 5 whenever he comes out.

Posted

What do y'all think of Logan Thomas?  Me: I think he has all the tools in the world but just doesn't seem like a true-QB.  He's way too inaccurate.  

Posted

What do y'all think of Logan Thomas?  Me: I think he has all the tools in the world but just doesn't seem like a true-QB.  He's way too inaccurate.  

his last couple of weeks has been pretty good. he has the tools to be very good, but must work on his reads and footwork.

Posted

i think he's irrelevant if we're talking about the next level

Posted

...so you're saying you like Murray?

He's got an above avg arm (nothing great) with great accuracy.  They give em' crap for being 6'1 but that's not that short.  

I like the kid.  Athletic and accurate.  

Like? Yeah, but not strongly.  I'm underwhelmed without really knowing why. 

(maybe it's the height vs guys like Bridgewater and Mettenberger)

Thought I'd like Bridgewater less because of the 'level of competition' thing, but after watching him against Rutgers I was blown away,

Murray hasn't really 'blown me away' yet.

Posted

i think he's irrelevant if we're talking about the next level

That's my opinion of Manziel.

He reminds me of a hundred guys before him that were great QBs for college but whose 'magic' just didn't transition to the pros.

Posted

I like Mariota, if we didnt have Cam - I would want Mariota. And he's been solid for the most part and overlooked.

Posted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeqahH1z6vY

Have a look at Jeff Matthews from Cornell. I think the 1st round grade is too high as he is still very raw but he has a lot of potential. He is expected to go around the 7th, a steal if we're looking for a replacement for Derek Anderson. 

Posted

To me Bridgewater is clear #1. My later round sleeper is Bortles.

Posted

I hope all these guys finish the season strong.  Every QB taken before pushes an elite  WR/OL closer to us.

Posted

who may need a QB?

Jags

Raiders?

Browns

Bucs

Texans?