64 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,394 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:57 PM

i mentioned Mettenberger on page 1 in my top 5, but Murray is also a decent prospect which should be a 2nd or 3rd rounder.

Sorry. Missed it.

My worries about Mettenberger relate to his unfortunate similarities to another four-syllable 'Berger' (both good and bad).

#32 MrPickles

MrPickles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

If I was a team I would look at Michael Vick and see the same thing in Mariota. I would be afraid of Mariota's durability in the NFL. Someone that plays at 210lbs will get destroyed by an NFL LBer.

Mariota is NOTHING like Vick. Have you even seen him play? He's already a better passer then Vick has ever been and he's only 19 years old! Being that he's only 19 and the son of a rather large Samoan, I'm guessing he wont stay 210 pounds for very long. Also, Mariota knows how to slide and get out of bounds.

#33 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,641 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:28 PM

Sorry. Missed it.

My worries about Mettenberger relate to his unfortunate similarities to another four-syllable 'Berger' (both good and bad).

his arm is very comparable. i also heard about his off field actions which is as like Ben, but he doesnt seem to have the pocket awareness of Ben. but he might have the best arm in the draft.Mariota arm is pretty good too.

#34 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,641 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

If I was a team I would look at Michael Vick and see the same thing in Mariota. I would be afraid of Mariota's durability in the NFL. Someone that plays at 210lbs will get destroyed by an NFL LBer.

that is a bad comparison. Mariota is 6'4 which means his body can pack on extra weight and he has better decision making/arm then Vick coming out of college. if you can, please watch the game from saturday vs Washington and you will see why some think he may pass TeddyB and be the 1st QB taken.

here is his cutups from draftbreakdown.com which is a great site.

http://draftbreakdow...ashington-2013/

#35 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,394 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:23 PM

his arm is very comparable. i also heard about his off field actions which is as like Ben, but he doesnt seem to have the pocket awareness of Ben. but he might have the best arm in the draft.Mariota arm is pretty good too.

The longer I go, the less interested I get in how far they can throw and the more intrigued I am by how accurately they can throw.

That's not to say I want a weak armed guy though.  I'm not ready to go WCO.

#36 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:27 PM

The longer I go, the less interested I get in how far they can throw and the more intrigued I am by how accurately they can throw.

That's not to say I want a weak armed guy though.  I'm not ready to go WCO.

...so you're saying you like Murray?

He's got an above avg arm (nothing great) with great accuracy.  They give em' crap for being 6'1 but that's not that short.  

I like the kid.  Athletic and accurate.  

#37 Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Seal (SmittyIsOurSavior)

Jesus Shuttlesworth

• HUDDLER
  • 5,833 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:32 PM

Can Jameis Winston just be the #1 pick already so we can get it over with?

Bridgewater is money though, he will be a taller version of Russ Wilson in the NFL.

#38 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,420 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

One QB I've got my eye on for the future is the true freshman at Penn St, Christian Hackenberg.  I think that guy is going to be GREAT in the NFL.  I'm certain he will be a Top 5 whenever he comes out.

#39 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,139 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

What do y'all think of Logan Thomas?  Me: I think he has all the tools in the world but just doesn't seem like a true-QB.  He's way too inaccurate.  

#40 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,641 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:32 PM

What do y'all think of Logan Thomas?  Me: I think he has all the tools in the world but just doesn't seem like a true-QB.  He's way too inaccurate.  

his last couple of weeks has been pretty good. he has the tools to be very good, but must work on his reads and footwork.

#41 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:18 AM

i think he's irrelevant if we're talking about the next level

#42 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,394 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:04 AM

...so you're saying you like Murray?

He's got an above avg arm (nothing great) with great accuracy.  They give em' crap for being 6'1 but that's not that short.  

I like the kid.  Athletic and accurate.  

Like? Yeah, but not strongly.  I'm underwhelmed without really knowing why. 

(maybe it's the height vs guys like Bridgewater and Mettenberger)

Thought I'd like Bridgewater less because of the 'level of competition' thing, but after watching him against Rutgers I was blown away,

Murray hasn't really 'blown me away' yet.

#43 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 41,394 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

i think he's irrelevant if we're talking about the next level

That's my opinion of Manziel.

He reminds me of a hundred guys before him that were great QBs for college but whose 'magic' just didn't transition to the pros.

#44 Coug Girl

Coug Girl

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

I like Mariota, if we didnt have Cam - I would want Mariota. And he's been solid for the most part and overlooked.

#45 monkey48

monkey48

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yeqahH1z6vY

Have a look at Jeff Matthews from Cornell. I think the 1st round grade is too high as he is still very raw but he has a lot of potential. He is expected to go around the 7th, a steal if we're looking for a replacement for Derek Anderson. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com