Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else bet on the Vikings to win?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#61 nickzz

nickzz
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

lost in all this chaos is the question that matters: why the fug would you bet on the vikings? they're awful.

#62 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

You're not betting the Vikings or the Panthers, per se. You're betting a point spread or an over/under line of total points. The Vikings were listed as a 2.5 point favorite. 

The Vikings are averaging over 30 points per game at home this season and, aside from the Giants game, the Panthers have not exactly been an offensive scoring machine. Couple of other stats and trends and you have numbers that appear the Vikings should be able to win by 2.5 or more. It's not a big spread, and neither of these teams are seeing a lot of action in Vegas, so a smart player doesn't put a lot of stock in this game. 

You want to make money you have to bet the games where there's a lot of money to win. I made my money on an upset pick when I saw Houston as a 7.5 point favorite against St. Louis. I bet it straight up as the underdog and won pretty big, enough on this game to cover both losses I had today and then some.

#63 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

HUDDLER

Posted 13 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

Although I'd love to see a Panther win today, my wallet says it'll be the Vikings by 6.  

Don't take anymore football advice from your wallet.

#64 bigdog10

bigdog10

HUDDLER

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:43 AM

This thread is the epitome of what is wrong with this board and our fan base.

Do you all really need to justify how big of a fan you are by bashing others? Who gives a damn if the guy bet against the panthers? I honestly don't blame him. At least he comes out a winner each time, whether it be making a little cash or being happy his team won.