Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

carolina-chuck

Bismack Biyombo

19 posts in this topic

I like Biz, but I just do not know if he will ever be a starter on a playoff caliber team. As Zaximus mentioned, it's tough to have both Biz and MKG in your starting lineup, and while a great defensive big will impact the game more than a great defensive wing player -- MKG has more tools to become an All-Star than Biz does. Also not to mention that MKG showed more last year as the youngest player in the NBA than Biz has at any point of his (still very young) career. MySynergy (one of my favorite basketball sites) only had one of our players grade out as a ++ type of defensive player and that was MKG. Biz has always graded out well below average, but I'm sure part of that is due to not only being young, but also having trash defensive players/coaches around him.

From what I see in preseason Biz has worked on his on-ball defense and picking up defenders, instead of going for the big block and letting his target pass the ball away for an easy score.  This is guy that has played basketball possibly less than some of us on THIS forum lol.   His attitude is great and he plays hard, it's going to take some time.  He'll never score 20ppg and that's fine, just keep improving defense and possibly some post moves and that's cool.  I think he'll grade out better this year.

He just turned 21 a few weeks ago, if he can go out and score 10 points/10 rebounds I'd be happy. He hasn't been playing basketball that long.

vs. Dallas

6 Points, 13 Rebounds, 2 Block Shots

Big Handsome with a "Double-Double" : 14 Points / 10 Rebounds

Biz is showing that maybe, just maybe, the Ben Wallace comparison isn't too far out of reach.

It's just preseason. But he's definitely showing some promise in his new role.

Crossing my fingers that his plays will translate into the Regular Season.

Crossing my fingers that his plays will translate into the Regular Season.

I would be fugging estatic if the dude can just average 10 points and 12 rebounds one day and few blocks. That's about all u can really get excited for with him. :(

I would be fugging estatic if the dude can just average 10 points and 12 rebounds one day and few blocks. That's about all u can really get excited for with him. :(

Foreal!!! I'd be happy if his stats for 2013-2014 goes 7ppg, 10 rpg, and bpg.