Photo
* - - - - 1 votes

Do you think this will/should be Smitty's last year as a Panther?

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

I really hate to say it but I think this will be Smitty's last year as a Panther. He has seen a huge decline in speed and getting separation and it is very clear hes just not the same player he was during Cam's rookie year and its only going to be worse next season when he is 35. Not only that but lets face it, yes Cam's play today was epic but he still doesnt have that touch and accuracy to complete passes to someone of Smitty's size, we need a true big bodied receiver to step up and grab Cam's passes that sail high. Smitty is better as a slot receiver with a extremely accurate QB like a Tom Brady that constantly threads the needle in tight spaces.

With Ginn being 28 and Lafell seeming to be breaking out and it looking very likely we draft a WR or a solid possibility we sign Nicks, does anyone else think this will be Smitty's last year as a Panther? Please dont flame me, I am in no way trying to be negative or bashing Smitty, its just obvious he isnt the same player.

#2 Way Truth Life

Way Truth Life

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

No and it's up to Smith at this point.....if he can't compete....then I'm sure he hangs it up...but that hasn't happened yet.

#3 49erPanther

49erPanther

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:58 PM

nah, im sure he'll stay for his entire contract, he's still a great leader in a young/ less experienced recieving corps.

#4 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,813 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

A WHOLE PIE!

myV4sHr.gif

#5 Sean Payton's Vicodin

Sean Payton's Vicodin

Banned

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,820 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:00 PM

no

I still hope we draft watkins though

#6 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,606 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:26 PM

I really hate to say it but I think this will be Smitty's last year as a Panther. He has seen a huge decline in speed and getting separation and it is very clear hes just not the same player he was during Cam's rookie year and its only going to be worse next season when he is 35. Not only that but lets face it, yes Cam's play today was epic but he still doesnt have that touch and accuracy to complete passes to someone of Smitty's size, we need a true big bodied receiver to step up and grab Cam's passes that sail high. Smitty is better as a slot receiver with a extremely accurate QB like a Tom Brady that constantly threads the needle in tight spaces.

With Ginn being 28 and Lafell seeming to be breaking out and it looking very likely we draft a WR or a solid possibility we sign Nicks, does anyone else think this will be Smitty's last year as a Panther? Please dont flame me, I am in no way trying to be negative or bashing Smitty, its just obvious he isnt the same player.

I see your point to an extent but I would say that even if Ginn emerges and we draft someone Smitty would still be an excellent number two at worst.  Despite his age he still has a lot left.  Even if he is not causing so many double teams he still commands respect in terms of the secondary accounting for him. 

Aside from this Smitty's will not hesitate to lay a lick on anyone.  He will most likely be sticking around for a while.

#7 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

Steve has stated he wants to play 16 seasons over, & over, & over again the past few months. He will be here in 2014, 2015, & 2016. Big Cat will not let Gettleman or anyone else get rid of Steve.

Please, for the love of Allah, stop making threads. Go get laid. Seriously.

#8 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

I would love to see his contract re-worked to better reflect the player he IS rather than the player that he WAS.  If we get a legit #1 WR in here, Smitty can still be a very good threat.  He just can't be that guy anymore while drawing the other team's best cover guy.

#9 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,371 posts
  • LocationBayside

If Donald LaFell keeps it up, the transition will be smooth

#10 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,203 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Do you think this will/should be CharlottePanther's last thread as a Huddler?

#11 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,374 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:36 PM

If Donald LaFell keeps it up, the transition will be smooth

I hope Donald permanently replaces Brandon.

#12 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,813 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:41 PM

Do you think this will/should be CharlottePanther's last thread as a Huddler?

Yes.

#13 Mother Grabber

Mother Grabber

Gettlemagic 2.0

• HUDDLER
  • 12,502 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:45 PM

Ginns play will help Smitty move and not have to be the #1 option. seems like it can help extend his career more than end it.

#14 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  • LocationKnoxville, TN

Posted 13 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

Stopped reading at "Charlotte Panther"

#15 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,598 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

This is by far the worst thread I have read in months... I can remember back in 08/09 I was considered the worst poster on this forum. Most people would probably refer to that as "the good ol days" now.

I don't even actually blame you.. This is the norm now....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.