Photo
- - - - -

Perfect OC for next year? JR/DG Please read.

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:20 PM

yeah cam cameron was so impressive putting up good numbers with ladanian tomlinson in his prime, antonio gates in his prime, and rivers in his prime -_-

next!

He only was the OC for SD? lol 

He had a solid stint in BAL. 

#62 Snake

Snake

Im on the Gus Bus

• HUDDLER
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:21 PM

There was a guy who got run out of New York for stinking up the Giants offense some years back too. Fellow by the name of Payton. He seems to have done okay in new surroundings.

Some coach/QB combos just don't mesh, but look up Cameron's record everywhere else and you'll see a different story.

He's not my top choice though.

My favorite HC/OC combo idea is Mike Zimmer and Hue Jackson.

Yea but to be fair Payton is a head coach and did not have Drew Brees in NYC. That NO team works around him. I think Cameron might be right were he needs to be.

#63 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:29 PM

Finally what ive been asking for from the jump. 

Hue Jackson - 19th average offense (3 years as an OC)

Kevin Gilbride - 13.5th average offense (12 years as an OC)

Kyle Shanahan - 16.4th average offense (5 years as an OC)

No one said Cameron was the best OC evah. What I am saying is he appears to be the best / hold the best track record of any realistic OC candidates. Two of those guys above your speculating about getting fired btw. Just saying. 

Cameron has an average offense of 11.6th. Better than all those guys above. 

Now, let's find out the average place of the defenses in which he played, that resided in his division, shall we?

If he was the best option in the world, then he would've gotten an NFLjob after he was fired from Baltimore.

Again, read my fuging initial post. I said that he's decent, but he's not someone I'm a fan of.

#64 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

with the games that shula called against the giants and vikings, i think he might be the perfect OC for next year. of course he's got a whole long history of games that shout "NOT THE BEST FOR THE JOB!!", but if going forward he can repeat the aggressiveness and the spreading out of the defense like he did those two games he just might be.

i do know this...cam cameron isn't the "perfect" choice. he's ok...but he's a very conservative game manager.

#65 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

average offense of 11.6 with a rookie / inexperienced qb

yea terrible / trash :sigh:

like i said above. name me a better more realistic option at OC for next year.

ill be waiting.

their offense was the one thing preventing them from winning the Superbowl every year. When they fired Cameron they won. Could have been a dynasty had he been gone earlier.

if you're completely basing your argument off of one point then you're doing it wrong. You clearly never watched the ravens under cam Cameron.

#66 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,785 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:13 PM

with the games that shula called against the giants and vikings, i think he might be the perfect OC for next year. of course he's got a whole long history of games that shout "NOT THE BEST FOR THE JOB!!", but if going forward he can repeat the aggressiveness and the spreading out of the defense like he did those two games he just might be.

i do know this...cam cameron isn't the "perfect" choice. he's ok...but he's a very conservative game manager.

I would like to see him win against teams that aren't down on themselves. Seeing how he calls plays inside of the division would be an awesome indicator of where Shula is, and where he is going, moving forward.

#67 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,199 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

I would like to see him win against teams that aren't down on themselves. Seeing how he calls plays inside of the division would be an awesome indicator of where Shula is, and where he is going, moving forward.

same with rivera.

i like this side of them, but i still need to see them in a close game and how they manage it. it's great if it's a blowout, but if it's better matched and it's taken down to the wire...meh. i still have no confidence.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com