Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where does Stewart fit in?

29 posts in this topic

Posted

Three running back combination...don't think we can make that work.Looks like Deangelo needs snaps to get into a groove, and Tolbert is our short yardage guy and needs to stay that way. Add Cam getting rush yards and then Barner waiting for a shot.How can we use him to our advantage without disrupting the flow of our running game...splitting snaps like that never seems to work.Somebody isn't getting the snaps.Any ideas??

Posted

on the IR

2 people like this

Posted

all running backs need snaps to get in a groove. how stewart and williams have been able to make it work is a testament to their talent. 

if stewart comes back, they'll do what they've been doing since 2008...be double trouble.

1 person likes this

Posted

as trade bait

5 people like this

Posted

he fits on a bicycle pretty damn well

Posted

If he can actually play, then I say start him with 5-10 carries maybe, but mostly I think we should look to use Stewart as a receiver.  He's deadly in the open field and is a better receiver than DWill.  I think DWill has earned the workload though.

Posted

On the trade block for Nicks.

Posted

Damn, I literally just posted a topic, my bad for not reading.  

Posted

u guys who want to trade DW or Stew....honestly what do you think we could get for them? 5th rounder? would rather hold on to them

Posted

Hopefully, Jonathan Stewart will be back from PUP this week.  I'd like to see some opinions on how he will be used and what type of production we can expect.

My guess is D-Will will still get the 15-20 carries.  Stew will get 5-7 unless he shows a lot.  Hopefully this doesn't cut down from how successful Tolbert was yesterday.

I'd love to see Stew used in the screen game but Williams looked good there yesterday too.

I hope he helps but honestly don't know what kind of impact we can expect from him.  Our run game has been pretty solid throughout.  

1 person likes this

Posted

On another team after us receiving compensation for him moving teams?

Posted

As much as I like Stewart, if we could swing Nicks or something for him, that'd be ideal.  Williams is carrying the load, and Tolbert is doing amazing as his change of pace, and we still haven't even integrated Barner, and Armond Smith isn't terrible.