#1 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

Three running back combination...don't think we can make that work.Looks like Deangelo needs snaps to get into a groove, and Tolbert is our short yardage guy and needs to stay that way. Add Cam getting rush yards and then Barner waiting for a shot.How can we use him to our advantage without disrupting the flow of our running game...splitting snaps like that never seems to work.Somebody isn't getting the snaps.Any ideas??

#2 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,758 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:48 AM

on the IR

#3 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

• HUDDLER
  • 5,441 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

all running backs need snaps to get in a groove. how stewart and williams have been able to make it work is a testament to their talent. 

if stewart comes back, they'll do what they've been doing since 2008...be double trouble.

#4 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,022 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

as trade bait

#5 Gucci Mane

Gucci Mane

Trap God

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts
  • LocationKitchen

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:01 AM

he fits on a bicycle pretty damn well

#6 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:05 AM

If he can actually play, then I say start him with 5-10 carries maybe, but mostly I think we should look to use Stewart as a receiver.  He's deadly in the open field and is a better receiver than DWill.  I think DWill has earned the workload though.

#7 PantherWake

PantherWake

How Bout Dem Gamecocks

• HUDDLER
  • 2,659 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

On the trade block for Nicks.

#8 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

Damn, I literally just posted a topic, my bad for not reading.  

#9 4Corners

4Corners

go to sleep hoe

• HUDDLER
  • 14,480 posts
  • Location704

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

u guys who want to trade DW or Stew....honestly what do you think we could get for them? 5th rounder? would rather hold on to them

#10 jamos14

jamos14

The Huddle Beast

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts

Hopefully, Jonathan Stewart will be back from PUP this week.  I'd like to see some opinions on how he will be used and what type of production we can expect.

My guess is D-Will will still get the 15-20 carries.  Stew will get 5-7 unless he shows a lot.  Hopefully this doesn't cut down from how successful Tolbert was yesterday.

I'd love to see Stew used in the screen game but Williams looked good there yesterday too.

I hope he helps but honestly don't know what kind of impact we can expect from him.  Our run game has been pretty solid throughout.  

#11 Dollar Store Dave

Dollar Store Dave

Formerly Know As Ruff

• HUDDLER
  • 7,198 posts

On another team after us receiving compensation for him moving teams?

#12 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

As much as I like Stewart, if we could swing Nicks or something for him, that'd be ideal.  Williams is carrying the load, and Tolbert is doing amazing as his change of pace, and we still haven't even integrated Barner, and Armond Smith isn't terrible.  

#13 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,735 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

I would think it would take him a couple weeks to get game ready coming off pup.

correct me if I'm wrong but......I don't believe you can partisipate in team drills while on pup.

#14 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,275 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

As much as I like Stewart, if we could swing Nicks or something for him, that'd be ideal.  Williams is carrying the load, and Tolbert is doing amazing as his change of pace, and we still haven't even integrated Barner, and Armond Smith isn't terrible.  

Williams is gone next year despite the numbers he puts up and we can't even trade Stewart because of his contract. So can we please end this 'trade' talk? Not only will we NOT find a team that wants him but his contract guarantees it that he'll be a Panther until 2015 unless he takes a big pay cut and/or asks to be traded. I don't see Gettleman favoring D-Will over J-Stew anyways.

#15 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

Everyone wants to trade into a tertible contract for a runningback with deteriorating ankles.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com