Photo
- - - - -

Cop Manipulates Autistic Teen into Buying Pot.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:22 PM

http://reason.com/ar...istic-teen-into

So a cop goes undercover "21 Jump Street" style to bust kids at a high school for selling weed. 22 students are arrested, the majority  of whom are special needs kids. The kid in the story has problems reading social cues & it's really hard for him to make friends so when he transferred to this school & one guy was willing to hang out with him, he likely thought he was making progress.

Soon "Deputy Dan" (So named by other students because he was obviously a cop to kids who pick up on social cues) started asking him to by weed for him, sending him 60 texts asking & an unknown amount of times in person. The kid refuses, cop gets mad at him, kid freaks out to the point he starts hurting himself, finally the kid agrees, takes $20 from the cop, & spends 3 weeks trying to figure out how to do it til he buys half a joint off of some homeless guy. Cop gets him to do it again, then when the cop tries a third time, the kid refuses, the cop cuts off all contact, kid gets depressed, then uniformed officers show up at the school to arrest the kid in front of his classmates for teh awesome perp walk.

Now his parents had the money to get a good lawyer, & get the kid a not guilty verdict (though he still had 20hrs community service.) the other kids weren't so lucky.

This is particularly disgusting to me because I know several people who are on the autism spectrum including my father-in-law & I know how hard it is for them to recognize & deal with manipulation.

#2 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 6,031 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:31 PM

How is this not entrapment?

To my understanding when an LEO entices someone into committing a crime that they were otherwise not predisposed to commit and subsequently arrests them for the act the LEO has entrapped the person.  From the reading of this the LEO preyed on the disability of the young man and goaded him into committing the crime.

Cop should lose his badge and the Dept should have to dig deep to pay for the kids continued treatment that stems from this.

#3 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

I have no idea why this isn't entrapment.

#4 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:33 PM

Police departments need to stop this poo. This is worse than the ones where they send in some hot 28 year old woman as an undercover high school student to flirt with fat nerds (who have never smoked weed in their lives) and say she'll blow them if they buy her pot.

#5 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,149 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 14 October 2013 - 05:40 PM

This is sickening. I have a soft spot In my heart for people with autism and Aspergers and to try to take advantage of them makes me angry

#6 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,291 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:31 PM

gross

#7 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:04 PM

Agree with everyone here.  That's manipulation and entrapment if there ever was such a thing.  Taking advantage of people with disabilities is pretty low.  Just wondering how this sort of thing get's green lighted.

#8 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,457 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

Taking advantage of people with disabilities is pretty low.

oh look out the PC police is here. wanna give them all trophies too?

#9 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,820 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:28 PM

wanna give them all trophies too?

People with disabilities? Yes.

Normal idiots? No.

#10 stankowalski

stankowalski

A Hard Walker

• HUDDLER
  • 3,668 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

oh look out the PC police is here. wanna give them all trophies too?

Everyone of them...except for the Indians.

Seriously though, Native Americans can defend themselves...mentally handicapped people not so much.

#11 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,593 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

Police departments need to stop this poo. This is worse than the ones where they send in some hot 28 year old woman as an undercover high school student to flirt with fat nerds (who have never smoked weed in their lives) and say she'll blow them if they buy her pot.

Where the hell were those when i was in school?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.