http://www.foxnews.c...tcmp=latestnews

#2 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,923 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

The American Family Association absolutely is a domestic hate group and have been classified as such by just about every organization who classifies it. They are not a "well-respected Christian ministry." They've been caught numerous times fudging numbers and flat out lying to propagandize against a demographic. What would you call that if not a hate group?

#3 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:43 PM

showing pics of one group while referring to another not smell bad to you?

#4 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,524 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:48 PM

Pretty clearly a hate group, depending on how hate group is defined, but I don't accept their defense that religion shields you from that kind of stuff.  No matter where hate and discrimination come from, they're still hate and discrimination imo and even if their religion says it's okay to be that way, that doesn't mean the rest of society that doesnt agree with them need respect that

hey stirs what's your take on the AFA?  honest question because you posted this here for a reason and I'd like to get your take.

#5 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,630 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:13 PM

The AFA should be, if not already, be considered a hate group regardless of which church or religion they try to hide behind

.... but I also think Fix News is a hate group as well hiding behind the mask of a network news organization, which is a laughable proposition in and of itself. 

#6 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

The AFA should be, if not already, be considered a hate group....

.... but I also think Fix News is a hate group as well.

So basically, anybody you disagree with?

#7 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,630 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:26 PM

So basically, anybody you disagree with?

Yes, absolutely. I want you to continue exaggerating and compounding a single comment about a single entity and essentially generalize it ad infinitum.

Fix News = "anybody I disagree with"

Good call there........ lol....

#8 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:59 PM

Well, this is the point to the whole thread.

Happens to me all the time here.  If you say something here that others don't agree with, you are labeled.  This group has a guy who admittedly says incendiary things and they like to boycott folks.  But to put them in the same category as the KKK or whatever is a slippery slope.  Who gets to classify just how far your free speech goes before you become a hate group?

I would say the Democratic Party and the Republican Party have both said indendiary things out the wazoo in the last month.  The whole hate group thing can be misleading.  That is why I put a question mark in the title.

Should Code Pink or Planned Parenthood be a hate group just because they line up on the left?  Just because the SPLC labels you, does not mean that you are in fact a hate group.  Some are, but where does the SPLC get their authority?

Should the right come up with an equal organization to slander people just because they disagree with them?  I just think the whole thing smells bad.

And to further have the military doing this to citizens who's biggest call to arms is boycotting, is very dangerous in my opinion.

#9 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,923 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:29 PM

You never answered what you would call an organization which has been demonstrated multiple times to lie and fudge numbers with intent to slander a demographic.

Is hate group an inappropriate label for such a group?

This is not a matter of "just because you disagree with them," this is a group which engages in devious and hateful tactics.

#10 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

• Moderators
  • 23,944 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:33 PM

Strongly dislike group. .. like broccoli level dislike

#11 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,863 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

You never answered what you would call an organization which has been demonstrated multiple times to lie and fudge numbers with intent to slander a demographic.

Is hate group an inappropriate label for such a group?

This is not a matter of "just because you disagree with them," this is a group which engages in devious and hateful tactics.

What you describe sounds just like what politicians do EVERY day of their lives

#12 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,471 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

i didn't know stirs could dance

#13 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,503 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:41 AM

Pretty clearly a hate group, depending on how hate group is defined, but I don't accept their defense that religion shields you from that kind of stuff.  No matter where hate and discrimination come from, they're still hate and discrimination imo and even if their religion says it's okay to be that way, that doesn't mean the rest of society that doesnt agree with them need respect that

hey stirs what's your take on the AFA?  honest question because you posted this here for a reason and I'd like to get your take.

I didn't post this...but I don't think the AFA is a hate group. 

If you honestly feel that the AFA is a hate group, then apply that standard in which you judge to other issues you disagree with that involve individual personal choices.  Consentual incestual relationships...or polygamous relationships. 

I think the issue here is the mischaracterization of the AFA by using the Fred Phelps picture to describe them.  Akin to the military speaking to how a black church organization is a hate group because of their feelings on gay marriage and showing pictures/videos of Minister King Shabazz.

#14 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,309 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:14 AM

Kind of like bring up Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton in every point about black people doing things you disapprove of?

Anyways it's cute watching you all tell us that they just "disagree" on some thing when in reality they use their money and influence to actively fight against people just wanting the same rights as others, and making up crazy, completely unfactual stories to do so.

#15 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,503 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:34 AM

I don't bring up Jesse or Al when speaking generally about black people....they have enough baggage solely on their own.

Anyways it's cute watching you all tell us that they just "disagree" on some thing when in reality they use their money and influence to actively fight against people just wanting the same rights as others, and making up crazy, completely unfactual stories to do so

Well hello MSNBC...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com