47 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

In only 21 games played, Luke Kuechly has already become the best middle linebacker the Panthers have ever had. Actually, he is the second best player at his position they Panthers have ever had, right behind Steve Smith.

That is a heavy statement, given the proud history of MLB's like Dan Morgan and Jon Beason, both excellent players in their own right. Kuechly is a more talented and more complete player than either of them.

Its not his speed, size, or tackling ability that sets him apart. But instead, its his nose. Luke has a nose for the football like i have never seen in a Panthers uniform.

As a sideline photographer, this makes my life pretty easy when shooting the defense. Getting a good shot is fairly simple. Focus on Kuechly and follow him. Chances are he will be in on the play for that snap or at the very least indicate for me where the action will be. Thanks for making it easy, Luke.

The only knock on Kuechly last season was his pedestrian pass coverage. This season he has focused in on that and currently has the highest ranking on PFF of any inside linebacker. New England's Brandon Spikes is listed in second place.

Kuechly leads the Panthers defense with 48 stops.

In Kuechly the Panthers have Urlacher 2.0. A stud linebacker who dominates in all aspects of the game and has stayed completely healthy while doing so.

#2 Dex

Dex

Gameday Menu Connoisseur

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,438 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

We're very fortunate to have Luke. He keeps opposing offenses in check and our lady's panties soaked.

#3 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:18 AM

The only knock on Kuechly last season was his pedestrian pass coverage. This season he has focused in on that and currently has the highest ranking on PFF of any inside linebacker. New England's Brandon Spikes is listed in second place.

Wait, do you mean he has the highest pass coverage rating of any inside linebacker?  Just curious because I know he's PFF's overall highest rated inside linebacker and didn't know if that's what you meant.

Either way Luke is a fuging boss.

#4 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,715 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

The D Line is assisting him this year and he is taking full advantage of it.  TD is having a good year also.  Agreed that he has "it" as a LB.  Consistently sniffing out plays is as you mention, something that sets him apart.

#5 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:51 AM

So glad the Bucs took Barron.

#6 nctarheel0619

nctarheel0619

• HUDDLER
  • 2,024 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

Moronic thing to think about. But if Luck would've come out we would've never had Luke.

#7 faultlessjoint

faultlessjoint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

In only 21 games played, Luke Kuechly has already become the best middle linebacker the Panthers have ever had. Actually, he is the second best player at his position they Panthers have ever had, right behind Steve Smith.

I think 21 games is too early to put him ahead of Peppers in that regard.  Peppers was a 5 time Pro-Bowler, 4 time All-Pro, Defensive Rookie of the Year, and won a NFC Defensive Player of the Year amongst other things.  Do I think Keuchly can surpass him?  Absolutely.  But I would say until he gets some more games under his belt he is behind Smith and Peppers.

#8 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 32,952 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:29 AM

Mancrush

#9 pilot2011

pilot2011

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 368 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

what scares me is this time next year we should be in talks with Luke to extend his contract, and he will be deserving of the highest paid player of any defensive player in the league. Make it happen DG.

#10 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 4,447 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

Moronic thing to think about. But if Luck would've come out we would've never had Luke.

Why is that?

#11 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,625 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

Nor Cam.

#12 Marguide

Marguide

South of the Border

• HUDDLER
  • 5,493 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:26 AM

what scares me is this time next year we should be in talks with Luke to extend his contract, and he will be deserving of the highest paid player of any defensive player in the league. Make it happen DG.

No.

LBer's don't get paid like DE's or even top DT's.

#13 bababoey

bababoey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Locationcorner of drunk and stupid

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:49 AM

So what Kuechly has is a nose for the football eh.  I had my nose on a football once.  Hurt like hell.  From then on I learned to use my hands to catch it not my nose.

#14 tailg8or

tailg8or

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts
  • LocationRaleigh NC area

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:56 AM

Sooooo .... when are you going to hook him up with a kitten?  They must be asking.

I still think Jake had him beat as a favorite with the ladies. 

#15 AceMan

AceMan

Huddle Vet

• HUDDLER
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

Finally got around to getting a Luke Kuechly jersey!

Love him as our Middle Linebacker

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers, Luke Kuechly, NFL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com