Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keenan Allen

62 posts in this topic

Posted

Right because your picks are set in stone

Of course they aren't but we all knew DG wasn't going to trade up in his first draft, and we're talking a 3rd round pick.  The only WR we were in good position to take with our 3rd (4th rd) pick was Quinton Patton but that's about it.  

Allen looks to be solid but we really weren't in position to take him. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Another young wr we passed on that had a big night. He's shown flashes of being really good. For a team that paid so much attention to a guy you have to wonder what made us pass on him.

For comparison:

15 220 3-Lafell

23 332 2-Allen

Lafell seems to be stepping up this year but Allen appears to be better at this point in his career than Lafell was his rookie year.

Keenan Allen was drafted in the 3rd round while the panthers packed it up and returned to the hotel room set on drafting Edmund Kugbila.

He was passed up by a lot of teams because I think he ran the slowest 40 time out of all WRs, had terrible workouts, was never known as a speed guy and couldn't seem to recover easily from a PCL injury. It's understandable why teams chose to look the other way. He did look really good the last couple weeks though. Seems like a tough kid with very good hands.

Posted

Why did we pass on that Victor Cruz kid? Our front office is so stupid.

How much time did our coaches spend with Victor Cruz? Because our WR coach damn near spent the whole summer with Keenan Allen, hosted his pro day, and Rivera was one of the only head coaches in attendance. Not the same thing as Victor Cruz. Nice try tho

Posted

Let it fuging go man.

1 person likes this

Posted

Worth noting. 

Allen is likely the best WR on his team. They are banged up at WR so he gets a lot more targets.

That said, I would take Allen over KugIRZilla

4 people like this

Posted

Worth noting.

Allen is likely the best WR on his team. They are banged up at WR so he gets a lot more targets.

That said, I would take Allen over KugIRZilla

Which is why I've taken notice. The first few weeks he didn't have a lot of opportunity, but given the opportunity he's been great. Back to back 100 yard games.

Posted

Keary Colbert had 2 100-yard games in his first 6 weeks in the league

Posted

Keary Colbert had 2 100-yard games in his first 6 weeks in the league

Different issue. Talent was never his problem

Posted

Damn, I forgot Kugbila was even on the team.

Posted

Every single "look who we passed on in the draft" thread is hindsight and pointless. Every team in the league passed on him at some point, no?

There's nothing pointless about it, There was a legion of proven stupid posters here who vocally and adamantly proclaimed Allen a bust because of his 40 time. They are idiots and deserve to be shamed for such massive idiocy. We was a terrific prospect and now San Diego has another good WR whilw we still flail about with the likes of Jarrett+ and Domenik no show.

Posted

Allen has as many 100 yard games in the past two weeks as brandon lafell has had in his entire career

Posted

Allen was gone in the 3rd...we had no 3rd. I wanted Allen badly in the 2nd.

Still glad we took KK overall though.