Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dingo_ate_Babies

ESPN.com thinks were 2-4

33 posts in this topic

Sports journalists are just as lazy or disinterested at their jobs as most people are at their own jobs.

Most of these guys don't even watch the games, they scour box scores and read opinion pieces.

Very few of them actually do any real homework

I doubt anyone much higher than an intern compiles these things.  

Anyway they rarely deviate much from simply listing teams in order of record.

1 person likes this

1234931504682.jpg

No, really. Who cares.

there are also no NFL Gameday highlights of the game on NFL.com. I always like hearing Deion's CAAAM after our wins.

Sports journalists are just as lazy or disinterested at their jobs as most people are at their own jobs.

Most of these guys don't even watch the games, they scour box scores and read opinion pieces.

Very few of them actually do any real homework

Sad but true.

I'd like to exempt David Newton from this statement though.

(Aaron Wilson too)

You DO know a college intern types it up, right? Not a sportswriter. They email the dumb kid their quotes and he's in charge of formatting it and posting it.

Their error will correct itself Sunday afternoon.

i hate it, but i have to agree on the pessimism.   the only two games we've won i thought surely we would lose.  

4g43CXTl.jpg

i hate it, but i have to agree on the pessimism. the only two games we've won i thought surely we would lose.

Yeah, the Arizona game was my last hurrah of optimism in the Rivera era. It's going to take us winning the next 5 for me to buy into this team/coaching staff at this point. Of course, I will still be pulling for them.

there are also no NFL Gameday highlights of the game on NFL.com. I always like hearing Deion's CAAAM after our wins.

Yeah there was yesterday and deion did the caaaaam thing