Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PFF ranks Ginn higher than Smitty

46 posts in this topic

Posted

I haven't watched much this year outside if my 3rd ranked Tigers and the Chickens of Columbia.

Sammy has a big week this week? He will probably require some Julio Jones type deal bc I think he will explode I he gets over this hump. FSU is a big stock game for him. They give him a chance to show of he has improved against legit physical CB play

I'd really like to get a taller receiver. There are some 6-4+ guys.

Posted

Kid that plays with Johnny Football is a big boy. Some have him rated higher than Sammy.

Posted

smitty's yardage will go drastically down but his tds i believe will be in the 6- 8 range

Posted

Kid that plays with Johnny Football is a big boy. Some have him rated higher than Sammy.

Yup, Mike Evans. I would definitely love to have him, but I don't see that happening. Unless we want to give up half our draft.

Posted

Ginn has taken advantage of his opportunities and the deep routes hauling in 2 bombs with 0 drops attributed. I only recall 1 slightly overthrown ball he kinda alligator armed.

Smitty seems to be running the shorter routes and has a couple drops and finally got a TD last game. But he still gets the attention of the #1 DB.

Whats that they say about great QB making WR's look good. Ginn looks revitalised for a guy that could barely get a look in in SF and ran outta Miami.

Posted

What's the 2014 WR draft class looking like?

Who is our scouting dept?  Panthers have been woefully inept at drafting offensive talent outside of round 1.

Posted

I don't care how tall, I want some speed.  Take advantage of Cam's arm.  

Posted

He is for a reason.  He is playing better this year.

Ginn is looking for one more paycheck, and knows that he has to show improvement to get it.

Smitty is aging, but still a threat.

Posted

they are playing different roles on the team right now. difficult comparison to make IMO

2 people like this

Posted

A couple drops and bad Cam throws has made Smith look worse than he's really playing right now.

That said I think our WR core works in a very delicate complimentary fashion right now. We need a couple more deep bombs completed to really open things up for everyone.

Posted

Who is our scouting dept?  Panthers have been woefully inept at drafting offensive talent outside of round 1.

If I recall, it is the same group from when Hurney was here, Gettleman kept them all on. Or should I say, JR did.  :cool:

FOOTBALL OPERATIONS:
Dave Gettleman: General Manager
Brandon Beane: Director of Football Operations
Don Gregory: Director of College Scouting
Mark Koncz: Director of Pro Scouting
Ryan Vermillion: Head Athletic Trainer
1 person likes this

Posted

I have been holding my tongue on this subject and I cant say much. This how it is, every year many doubt Smitty can still play at a high level and every year they are wrong. With the acceleration in his step lacking the same punch its making it difficult for him to get separation. . . but he is still the smartest wr out there, he's still very athletic, and he still dole's out punishment to anyone that gets in his way.

the fact that he instinctively is always in a better place to make a play on the ball than Ginn should tell you who should be starting. . . . for now.