Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

PFF ranks Ginn higher than Smitty

46 posts in this topic

btw, was Smiths block legal? he did launch himself.

Steve Smith didn't launch himself.  He decided to ignore gravity.

1 person likes this

Smitty has obviously lost a step, like most receivers do once they edge into their 30's.  He's still competitive and still a good receiver but clearly he's not the receiver he once was.  Ginn is probably better at this point, but he'll never be as good as Smitty was in his prime.

1 person likes this

Is this still Steve fuggin Smith we are talking about?

He's always been good for a few bad drops here and there, but I would take Smith all day with the game on the line across the middle.

Did anyone see his finger-tip grab on Sunday?

1 person likes this

What's the 2014 WR draft class looking like?

I haven't watched much this year outside if my 3rd ranked Tigers and the Chickens of Columbia.

Sammy has a big week this week? He will probably require some Julio Jones type deal bc I think he will explode if he gets over this hump. FSU is a big stock game for him. They give him a chance to show if he has improved against legit physical CB play

I haven't watched much this year outside if my 3rd ranked Tigers and the Chickens of Columbia.

Sammy has a big week this week? He will probably require some Julio Jones type deal bc I think he will explode I he gets over this hump. FSU is a big stock game for him. They give him a chance to show of he has improved against legit physical CB play

I'd really like to get a taller receiver. There are some 6-4+ guys.

I'd really like to get a taller receiver. There are some 6-4+ guys.

Kid that plays with Johnny Football is a big boy. Some have him rated higher than Sammy.

smitty's yardage will go drastically down but his tds i believe will be in the 6- 8 range

Kid that plays with Johnny Football is a big boy. Some have him rated higher than Sammy.

Yup, Mike Evans. I would definitely love to have him, but I don't see that happening. Unless we want to give up half our draft.

Ginn has taken advantage of his opportunities and the deep routes hauling in 2 bombs with 0 drops attributed. I only recall 1 slightly overthrown ball he kinda alligator armed.

Smitty seems to be running the shorter routes and has a couple drops and finally got a TD last game. But he still gets the attention of the #1 DB.

Whats that they say about great QB making WR's look good. Ginn looks revitalised for a guy that could barely get a look in in SF and ran outta Miami.

What's the 2014 WR draft class looking like?

Who is our scouting dept?  Panthers have been woefully inept at drafting offensive talent outside of round 1.