#16 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,670 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:11 PM

Hartsock is our best blocking TE by far.

That isn't saying much, unfortunately. Wouldn't it be nice to have a guy who could block, and catch a pass once in a blue moon?

#17 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 17,291 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

Know what? fug Hartsock. He isn't even great at blocking anyway. In today's league, if you're 1 dimensional it better be pass catching. Hartsock can't catch poo. We need an upgrade.

#18 O-Ther

O-Ther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • LocationMCO

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:33 PM

Cut Brockel instead. With Stewie and Barner getting healthy, that's a full backfield. Tolbert and Hartsock could take Brockel's FB reps.

#19 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,768 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

Cut Brockel instead. With Stewie and Barner getting healthy, that's a full backfield. Tolbert and Hartsock could take Brockel's FB reps.

I'd say that makes more sense.

I like Brockel, but if (IF) Ballard can be what it looked like he was going to be, no contest.

#20 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:11 PM

Interesting.....

#21 Razeyfingers

Razeyfingers

• HUDDLER
  • 3,278 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:14 PM

Probably makes sense to pay attention to the giants fans in that thread. the on that begins with "No thanks" tells you a bit. Sometimes guys get a little nudge because of the system theyre in and it sounds like this guy benefited from that.

#22 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

Revive his career here hopefully

#23 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,391 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:19 PM

Pats are trying out frank kearse, I'd rather us sign him and cut fua

#24 L-TownCat

L-TownCat

Post Draught Hangover

• HUDDLER
  • 4,448 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:23 PM

If you sign him, do you cut Ben Hartsock, Brandon Williams, or someone else?

(don't everyone say Fua; Dwan is still hurt)

I fail to see your logic behind the caveat there. Ballard could provide as much at DT as Fua and still be the 2nd TE.

#25 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,768 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

I fail to see your logic behind the caveat there. Ballard could provide as much at DT as Fua and still be the 2nd TE.

Valid :lol:

#26 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,459 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

Harstock is one of the best run blocking TE in the league and plays a solid portion of our snaps, ditching him would result in our running blocking/ game( the only consistently good thing on our offense) to suffer. Not worth it.

#27 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,768 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

Harstock is one of the best run blocking TE in the league and plays a solid portion of our snaps, ditching him would result in our running blocking/ game( the only consistently good thing on our offense) to suffer. Not worth it.

What about Brockel?

#28 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• HUDDLER
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

If he's healthy, I'd take Ballard and cut Brandon Williams. Williams was a star during camp but he hasn't shown anything during the season so far. I don't remember the rule on games played/practice squad eligibility, but we might be able to even squeeze Williams back on to it. 

#29 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,706 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Yes, this is right down my alley. Cam needs more receiving threats, particularly at tight end because it can be an effective safety valve when things get hot.  Don't know who I would drop, but Armond Smith, Brockel, or even Hartsock come to mind. 

#30 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 6,706 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

If he's healthy, I'd take Ballard and cut Brandon Williams. Williams was a star during camp but he hasn't shown anything during the season so far. I don't remember the rule on games played/practice squad eligibility, but we might be able to even squeeze Williams back on to it. 

Williams has a lot of potential, and we would be remiss to give up on him so easily. It's not like basketball players don't have a history of excellence at the position. Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham and Julius Thomas are good indicators of the potential for ballers at the position.  As long as Williams is learning the intricacies of the position, and has the physical skill set and mental acuity to succeed, then I say continue his development.  I know that Graham and Thomas didn't really break out until their second years.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.