Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Jake Ballard

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

#25 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:37 PM

I fail to see your logic behind the caveat there. Ballard could provide as much at DT as Fua and still be the 2nd TE.

Valid :lol:

#26 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:41 PM

Harstock is one of the best run blocking TE in the league and plays a solid portion of our snaps, ditching him would result in our running blocking/ game( the only consistently good thing on our offense) to suffer. Not worth it.

#27 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:46 PM

Harstock is one of the best run blocking TE in the league and plays a solid portion of our snaps, ditching him would result in our running blocking/ game( the only consistently good thing on our offense) to suffer. Not worth it.

What about Brockel?

#28 Nicbsbll2

Nicbsbll2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

If he's healthy, I'd take Ballard and cut Brandon Williams. Williams was a star during camp but he hasn't shown anything during the season so far. I don't remember the rule on games played/practice squad eligibility, but we might be able to even squeeze Williams back on to it. 

#29 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:57 PM

Yes, this is right down my alley. Cam needs more receiving threats, particularly at tight end because it can be an effective safety valve when things get hot.  Don't know who I would drop, but Armond Smith, Brockel, or even Hartsock come to mind. 

#30 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

If he's healthy, I'd take Ballard and cut Brandon Williams. Williams was a star during camp but he hasn't shown anything during the season so far. I don't remember the rule on games played/practice squad eligibility, but we might be able to even squeeze Williams back on to it. 

Williams has a lot of potential, and we would be remiss to give up on him so easily. It's not like basketball players don't have a history of excellence at the position. Tony Gonzalez, Antonio Gates, Jimmy Graham and Julius Thomas are good indicators of the potential for ballers at the position.  As long as Williams is learning the intricacies of the position, and has the physical skill set and mental acuity to succeed, then I say continue his development.  I know that Graham and Thomas didn't really break out until their second years.

#31 MaineManPanther

MaineManPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 16 October 2013 - 08:18 AM

What about Brockel?

Also an asset, but he plays less then half the amount of snaps Hartsock does, while doing the dame thing. More expendable.