Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jon Beason impresses in Giants debut

78 posts in this topic

Posted

Jon Beason spent the most time out of any of our overpaid players off the field

If he felt like he was mistreated well, their patience is even shorter in NY so I wouldn't be surprised if they kicked him to the curb once they got better linebackers in about two years

Posted

As far as getting upset about it...fans here talk more crap about the organization than anyone. I think he has earned the right to be a little annoyed if he wants. Not that I agree with him but its understandable to a degree.

Posted

Hope he regains his form and play well for the Giants. Always will have a great deal of respect for Beast.

Having said that, he is the enemy now. ;)

Posted

We all know most of our local media here is worth less than a pile of poo, stands to reason that was what he was referring to.

I dont dispute the fact ours isn't, but is NY media any better?

Posted

Something like 800k. Doesn't sound like a lot, but those little amounts saved add up.

Yeah, but we probably shouldn't mention the $8 million in dead money that's going to hit our cap next year.

Posted

Yeah, but we probably shouldn't mention the $8 million in dead money that's going to hit our cap next year.

It would have hit regardless.

Posted

As far as getting upset about it...fans here talk more crap about the organization than anyone. I think he has earned the right to be a little annoyed if he wants. Not that I agree with him but its understandable to a degree.

If the Panthers want to pay me $12MM over the next two years to make workout tapes, I promise I will never say a single bad thing about them. The second they trade me I'd have a press conference speech prepared that went something along the lines of:

"First off, I'd like to thank the Panthers organization from the bottom of my heart. They stuck by me during my seemingly never-ending attempt to recover from numerous injuries, and unfortunately when it looked like I might not be back, they opted to go in another direction. They tried to get me on the field by moving around some pieces, and when it was abundantly clear that I have no business being an outside linebacker, they moved me to another team for peanuts, once again for no other reason than to do me a solid based on our history, since we all know the 5th or 6th or 7th round pick they get for me won't amount to poo anyway. Any misdirected anger I have toward them for not moving me back to the middle after two years of robbing them of millions, I will keep to myself because my checks I'm cashing each week still have a Panthers logo in the corner. Thanks again Panthers."

3 people like this

Posted

Did I say that?

Yes you did!

The first thing that came to mind when the guy was given Beason such strong endorsement is, why doesn't the Panthers know how to groom their players? What is with the culture of this team that players and coaches leave after producing nothing and go to other teams and excel?

Posted

I watched the game he looked the same as when he was with us a couple of weeks ago. The giants are horrible at LB so any positive is considered impressive. He still got burned during passing downs tho.

Posted

I don't see much of a way that we can come out on the winning side of this trade regardless.

How do the Panthers come out on the losing side?  Beason would probably never start for the Panthers again.  He can't play the middle here and sucks at OLB.  Anything they can get for a player who will never play for you again is a positive.

Posted

I heard this on NFLN this morning.

The first thing that came to mind when the guy was given Beason such strong endorsement is, why doesn't the Panthers know how to groom their players? What is with the culture of this team that players and coaches leave after producing nothing and go to other teams and excel?

This guy....

I mean if you consider multiple Pro-Bowls, being named an All-Pro and being made the highest paid middle linebacker in NFL history a lack of "grooming", then yea I guess that Carolina really failed him.

Posted

This guy....

I mean if you consider multiple Pro-Bowls, being named an All-Pro and being made the highest paid middle linebacker in NFL history a lack of "grooming", then yea I guess that Carolina really failed him.

Yep :lol:

But consider who you're talking to. Said it elsewhere: Everything he actually knows about football is found in his user name.

1 person likes this