14 replies to this topic

#1 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:25 PM

Will the hornets and MJ pursue?

Figured it would be a joke thread though. Considering how Carmelo $hit on the nuggets and looks like he may do the same to the Knicks only worse.

Personally I wouldn't want him. Used to be my favorite player in the league years ago when he was in Denver. But how he acted and Denver hell to the no. Your thoughts?

#2 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:01 PM

Yeah why not. It would be the first top tier playmaker that the bobs ever had. Its not like we're close to being a contender or anything.

He would never though

#3 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:08 PM

Yeah why not. It would be the first top tier playmaker that the bobs ever had. Its not like we're close to being a contender or anything.

He would never though

If the plan works then we will be a contender in 2 years. If not then your right. But we Been building for atleast 2-3 years now. Add 2 years to that and that's 5 years. If u don't build a team that's able to contend by then you have failed at that particular development. And it's time to start over.

So yeah I feel we will be close next year and the following years. But I would still say no to melo.

#4 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

If the plan works then we will be a contender in 2 years. If not then your right. But we Been building for atleast 2-3 years now. Add 2 years to that and that's 5 years. If u don't build a team that's able to contend by then you have failed at that particular development. And it's time to start over.

So yeah I feel we will be close next year and the following years. But I would still say no to melo.

Until we draft a great player, it doesnt matter how long we've been building. We need a westbrook/durant type player that can put up 30 pts

#5 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,186 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:35 PM

Until we draft a great player, it doesnt matter how long we've been building. We need a westbrook/durant type player that can put up 30 pts

U need a good team first and foremost. Monta Ellis puts up 30 a night and he still bounces around the league.

I agree we need a scorer but we have plenty of draft picks available to make this team better and possibly land one. That's all I'm saying

#6 Mvp2014

Mvp2014

Phenom

• HUDDLER
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:59 PM

U need a good team first and foremost. Monta Ellis puts up 30 a night and he still bounces around the league.

I agree we need a scorer but we have plenty of draft picks available to make this team better and possibly land one. That's all I'm saying

I dont even think 2009 monta ellis averaged 30ppg. Im just saying we need an all-around top 10 player to get past the first round.

#7 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:38 PM

Andrew Wiggins, Jabari Parker...... just saying.

#8 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• HUDDLER
  • 4,988 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

Lakers or Knicks. No other options IMO

#9 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,040 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 07:27 PM

He wouldn't sign here, which would be fine with me - he's too much of a "me first" player anyway.

#10 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:17 PM

He wouldn't sign here, which would be fine with me - he's too much of a "me first" player anyway.

Yup - no way in hell he would come here. I'm not a Carmelo fan. He's a scorer, but he's also a ball stopper. Typical player who can go off for 40 points any given night and his team still leave with a loss. 

#11 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,175 posts
  • Location704

Posted 16 October 2013 - 09:19 PM

And by "test free agency" he means find out how much would LA, Miami, or the Nets offer him. 

#12 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,316 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:37 PM

I cant see the possibility of Melo landing here, but he sure as hell would be an 'upgrade' over MKG.

I get that MKG is still young and all, but he should be lighting it up in both the summer league and preseason which he isnt. I dont care if MKG cant shoot the ball at this time of his young career, but he should be making a damn living of going to the basket which was why we took him no2 overall. He made a living doing that at UK and he's struggling to do so right now.

If MKG doesn't improve soon, I wouldnt mind a trade sending MKG to Chicago for a sign and trade of Loul Deng.

#13 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,961 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:26 PM

We need efficient 30 point scorers not Steve Francis type 30 point games...shoot 35 times, 1assist and 7 turnovers. Sorta the Monta Ellis gmae in a nutshell.

#14 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,361 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 20 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

I like MKG, but even back during the draft I honestly wish we would've took Barnes with our pick instead of him.  I just think Barnes is gonna be a bad mother fuger a couple of years from now.

#15 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 10:11 AM

I don't like Melo because of Denver either, but add him to this team with 3 probable lotto picks in the next 2 years....we'd be a contender for a championship.

I know it will never happen, however, Melo doesn't pass the ball.  He gets it, he's gonna shoot.

With Biz and MKG both too afraid to take a shot....it might actually be good chemistry.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users