35 replies to this topic

#11 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMelfa
HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

I think our losses to date have been more on players than coaches.

AZ for example, great gameplan early players didn't execute....so let's say the coaches change late and come up with something else that works. Wildcard is still players there.

Gameplan was also strong against Seattle.  Good defensively and offensively.  Players needed to step up....coaches had them in good position.

Seattle game was player error for the most part. I would agree to that. 

Buffalo was a mess.  And after Arizona made half time adjustments we lost the game.  We had no answer and no reply to Arizona.  That is on the coaches.

#12 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:19 PM

Seattle game was player error for the most part. I would agree to that. 

Buffalo was a mess.  And after Arizona made half time adjustments we lost the game.  We had no answer and no reply to Arizona.  That is on the coaches.

But again with AZ...coaches had a great gameplan to open offensively and defensively....players didn't execute.  We should of been up.  Coaches could of adjusted in the 2nd half more, but the players had already been proven to be a wildcard that couldn't even do gimmie stuff when put in easy scenarios.  It should of been one of those games we rolled and played from a huge lead.

Buffalo is the only game I put on coaches.   1 loss coaches, 2 losses players IMO.  Coaching hasn't been as bad as some have advertised IMO.  There has been a lot of slop our players have done when put in good position this year to win games

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:24 PM

But again with AZ...coaches had a great gameplan to open offensively and defensively....players didn't execute.  We should of been up.  Coaches could of adjusted in the 2nd half more, but the players had already been proven to be a wildcard that couldn't even do gimmie stuff when put in easy scenarios.  It should of been one of those games we rolled and played from a huge lead.

Buffalo is the only game I put on coaches.   1 loss coaches, 2 losses players IMO.  Coaching hasn't been as bad as some have advertised IMO.  There has been a lot of slop our players have done when put in good position this year to win games

i think the cards was on the players and coaches equally. nobody gets off the hook that game. the cards adjusted, but we failed to adjust to their adjustments and the players just started playing like poo.

#14 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• LocationCharlotte, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Why? 

Those are the only drives we have opened games up with points.

I'm fine with the shotgun as long as we don't run out of it every damn time. That is infuriating.

#15 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:57 PM

I'm fine with the shotgun as long as we don't run out of it every damn time. That is infuriating.

I think their goal is to get Newton flowing early....those looks give him the most potential

#16 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

yep, Buffalo, St. Louis and NE are the toughest matchups for our D IMO.  

Rams D stinks.  If we can run and stay out of 3rd and long....I don't think they can stop our O.  Our offense gets in trouble when we get behind in the chains.  Consistent 3rd and longs vs a team that can bring pressure has been a problem every year

brockers and quinn scare the poo out of me. for some reason i'm not as worried about long.  O-line plays well we will win.

#17 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

Cortland Finnegan's cap hit this year is $15m. Throwing at him through six weeks is yielding a perfect QB rating - 158.3

•  

https://twitter.com/...079036917305344

#18 dos poptarts

dos poptarts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

If the Panthers play smart (no turnovers, few penalties), I don't see the Rams winning this one.

I do expect Fisher to fake FG, fake punt, or something.....he always seemed to do it against the Panthers when he was at Tenn.

Z.Stacey is a capable back who does fall forward for those extra yards. But some of that mess last week was an awful game by the Texans. Personal fouls, offsides/encroachments.....Texans had almost 100yds of penalties in the first half. And my complaint about the Texans D....you have JJWatt and NO ONE ELSE on your Dline or outside linebackers can get any consistent pressure.

btw....Rams fans....Jeff Fisher owns the Texans....he's only lost to them 3 or 4 times during his entire tenure at Tenn, IIRC.

#19 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• LocationMelfa
HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:56 PM

We were still up at half time of the Arizona game.  They came out and shut us out.  We never alter our game plan in the second half.  The had an answer for everything we tried.  You think that was all execution?  Had our coaches (Rivera and Shula) to be exact.  Had done some half time adjustment and even in game adjustments.  We could have won that game.  They didn't and we lost.  

Sure the end didn't help when we started pressing to score and only gave them more points.   Had we made adjustments to how they were playing us we would have done better.

I put it opposite of you 1 for the players 2 on the coaches.

We haven't won a close one yet.  \if the game plan is good we win, if it isn't a good game plan then we struggle.  That is on the coaches especially OC and \\\HC,

#20 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

HUDDLER

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:10 PM

We were still up at half time of the Arizona game.  They came out and shut us out.  We never alter our game plan in the second half.  The had an answer for everything we tried.  You think that was all execution?  Had our coaches (Rivera and Shula) to be exact.  Had done some half time adjustment and even in game adjustments.  We could have won that game.  They didn't and we lost.  

Sure the end didn't help when we started pressing to score and only gave them more points.   Had we made adjustments to how they were playing us we would have done better.

I put it opposite of you 1 for the players 2 on the coaches.

We haven't won a close one yet.  \if the game plan is good we win, if it isn't a good game plan then we struggle.  That is on the coaches especially OC and \\\HC,

we had over 250 yards on offense in the first half, a 500 yard pace, not sure why they would have thought we needed adjustments other than finishing drives.  The only thing that kills me in the adjustment department, are the fact that it seemed they relentlessly brought pressure up the middle in the second half after doing it a couple times in the first.  That is something that has to be done on the sideline and I can't recall too often they've been able to do that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users