Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most important man Sunday

23 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

if you scared of the pass rush.. then the most important guy would be DeAngelo.. if he gets going.. then it should slow down the rush.. 

Important for him to be consistent.....no negative runs.  That was a big issue against AZ.  Once the run disappeared we were in 3rd and longs all game.  The reason AZ was teeing off on us is b/c we were in 3rd and longs all 2nd half.

Posted · Report post

i really hope shula uses deanglo on chip blocks before releasing out into the flats on passing downs. we effectively neutralized the vikings pass rush that way last week and cam looked damn efficient on dump-offs and screens when he got in trouble (which subsequently opened things up downfield on the longer throws.)

this game rests as much on shula and his scheme/gameplan as it does byron bell IMO

Screw it.....just line Harsock's ass up beside Bell all game long and double team the DE.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

i really hope shula uses deanglo on chip blocks before releasing out into the flats on passing downs. we effectively neutralized the vikings pass rush that way last week and cam looked damn efficient on dump-offs and screens when he got in trouble (which subsequently opened things up downfield on the longer throws.)

this game rests as much on shula and his scheme/gameplan as it does byron bell IMO

I'd agree.

I would say DeAngelo, while vastly improved over his early years, still isn't the most devastating blocking back in the league.

Posted · Report post

Screw it.....just line Harsock's ass up beside Bell all game long and double team the DE.

I'd be lying if I said that thought hasn't crossed my mind.

Posted · Report post

I disagree, the most important man this Sunday is.........Fua.

He has a good game, we win...period.

Posted · Report post

Ginn or Lafell

Posted · Report post

The game comes down to how much we can run it down there throats to make there pass rush moot

Posted · Report post

Bell and his fellow linemen are huge no doubt. Give DWill some room, protect Cam, and we win. Just that simple.

DWill is a monster with the chip block. I have seen him knock guys off their feet. I also think he has improved his decision making as to whom to block. He is a 3 down back. I love him as a primary back, but it would be nice to get him some rest now and then. C'mon Stewy, and even Barner. Get back on the field so we don't run DWill to the ground.

All in all, I like our Offense. If we can continue to improve, we are going to be dangerous. Teamed with our Defense, this O can get us where we want to go.

Posted · Report post

Everyone will need to show up. I'm not taking any slackers for this game.

And Shula better scheme his bum off!

Posted · Report post

I disagree, the most important man this Sunday is.........Fua.

He has a good game, we win...period.

Fua? Good game? What? lol

Posted · Report post

This is the house Fua built. . dont knock it!