26 replies to this topic

#1 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,238 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

I thought we were in for a 30 Win season, I was wrong. I know it's still just preseason but it looks like we are X10 times better than last season talent wise. Everything seems to be clicking for the Cats right now. We are crushing teams WITHOUT Al Jefferson in the lineup. 

I know I could be wrong but everyone on this team looks like they have matured and made it to the next level.

#2 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:44 PM

It's only pre season so I wouldn't read too much into it, but we definitely do have the potential -- it's all about whether the young guys (Kemba, MKG, Biz, Hendo, Taylor) have made significant improvements and whether Zeller is the real deal or not. I am definitely excited to watch this team mature under Coach Clifford!

#3 GotSwag?

GotSwag?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 03:58 PM

Not hard to see.  Bobcats fans are one of the worst bc we expect our teams to suck.  We expect that bc it usually happens.  I feel a lot different this year.  A lot of talent on this team.

#4 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:57 PM

It sucks to admit it, but while we all want improvement, I will speak for myself and say that improvement that equals post-season is great, while meaningless improvement that generates more wins but keeps them out of the playoffs is not that exciting.  With the NBA, that's no-man's land - you need to either be able to hit home runs early in the lottery, or generate excitement for potential free agents by making a run to the playoffs.

#5 Third Degree

Third Degree

Socks are for your feet, silly

• HUDDLER
  • 4,992 posts
  • Location704

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:58 PM

For better or worse this thread will get bumped sometime in February or March.

#6 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,431 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 18 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

I don't think they're as bad as they've been, no.

But they're still a longggggg way from being good. 

#7 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:28 AM

I see a winning range of 25-35.

#8 Zaximus

Zaximus

I'm Brett Jensen

• HUDDLER
  • 5,110 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

We will do better than anything thinks, and while I know people will be mad about "trying" to get lucky in the lottery to get a potential all-star, I'll be happy with improvement.    

#9 TheMaulClaw

TheMaulClaw

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,606 posts
  • LocationCharleston SC

Posted 18 October 2013 - 10:38 AM

What we're seeing is development of our core group of players.   The Bobcats have never really had that up until recently. It's always been a revolving door of players and coaches previously.   

The Cats are a tough team to prognosticate this year.  We might be a playoff team, we might not.  We don't have the best starting five in the league but they're talented and athletic, and we have amazing depth.  Seems like we finally have a coach we can trust.  I feel like we could be 7th in the east this year if a good scenario plays out.  

#10 Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan

• HUDDLER
  • 2,452 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

well it could be our players are actually improving, and it could be because we have a good

coach for the first time in................for the first time.

#11 Jai

Jai

• ALL-PRO
  • 183 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:20 AM

The Cats have been playing defense.

#12 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 18 October 2013 - 11:29 AM

Just remember a lot of Bobcat fans were saying these same exact things last season (talking about improved players, and especially improved coaching). Obviously I hope that we have improved to a 30 win team, but nothing more tbh. I know that people want to win right now, but this draft class is historically good, and if we can land a top 5-8 pick we'll be set up for the future (assuming our current core keeps improving). 27-30 wins, but extremely competitive in many games, only lacking a true superstar to bring us to the top 4 in the East would be not only my hope, but also my prediction on how this season will play out.

#13 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 18 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

We're two players away from being a Playoffs team in 2014: Top5 Draft Pick + Veteran.

#14 Goondal

Goondal

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 4,407 posts
  • LocationSafety Harbor, FL

Posted 18 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

I know some think it is being a bad fan, but I would like to suck for just one more season, get our superstar, then have everything come together.

#15 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 16,017 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

Just remember a lot of Bobcat fans were saying these same exact things last season (talking about improved players, and especially improved coaching). Obviously I hope that we have improved to a 30 win team, but nothing more tbh. I know that people want to win right now, but this draft class is historically good, and if we can land a top 5-8 pick we'll be set up for the future (assuming our current core keeps improving). 27-30 wins, but extremely competitive in many games, only lacking a true superstar to bring us to the top 4 in the East would be not only my hope, but also my prediction on how this season will play out.

Most of this historic draft class hasnt even played 1 game against decent competition.

Hype gets thrown around quite a bit, especially with unknown quantities.

One guy who observed a Kansas practice said Wiggins athleticism us undeniable but he was probably only the fifth best player on his own team that day.

Maybe these guys all shake out how we think they will, but I need a little more proof before I describe this class as historic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users