26 replies to this topic

#16 ZB1224

ZB1224

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationWinston Salem

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

Most of this historic draft class hasnt even played 1 game against decent competition.

Hype gets thrown around quite a bit, especially with unknown quantities.

One guy who observed a Kansas practice said Wiggins athleticism us undeniable but he was probably only the fifth best player on his own team that day.

Maybe these guys all shake out how we think they will, but I need a little more proof before I describe this class as historic.

I understand what you are saying and partly agree with it. I suppose that I should have said that this class has the potential to be a historically great class. Either way I am still in favor of not taking, but finishing the season at a competitive 27-30 wins and having something to build on. Realistically this team as constructed has a peak of about 45-48 wins if everyone reaches max potential (players and coaches). I'd just assume try to get one of these potential superstar players this season, see what we come out with, and build with another great building block added to our roster. Instead of having a good PG, solid SG, raw SF, raw PF/C (Biz), a young PF/C (Zeller), and a good C (Jefferson), we add a potential star SG, SF, PF, or C to this roster and truly have a roster to build around. Now obviously this is assuming that the majority of the top 7-8 live up to the hype and the usual unknown prospect(s) comes along and inserts himself into the top 5-10 conversation. 

#17 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 10:35 PM

Turnovers turnovers turnovers.

#18 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:49 PM

It really hurt watching the Bobcats lose a close one tonight. Just gotta lose in my home town....

#19 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 October 2013 - 01:18 AM

Jeff Taylor >>>>>>> MKG

#20 Jakob

Jakob

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:05 AM

Bobcats seem to be playing like a good team even without Big AL

#21 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:16 PM

Jeff Taylor >>>>>>> MKG

Man I agree. I kinda hope he gets a chance to start. But he won't. JT is my man

#22 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:39 PM

Man I agree. I kinda hope he gets a chance to start. But he won't. JT is my man

I love MKG to death but he hasn't shown me much to be excited about.

I'm kinda regret not trading that no2 pick for Paul Gasol assuming that rumor had some legitimate to it.

#23 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

I love MKG to death but he hasn't shown me much to be excited about.

I'm kinda regret not trading that no2 pick for Paul Gasol assuming that rumor had some legitimate to it.

Honestly I wouldn't mind us packaging MKG and some picks for a star. MKG could take off and sky rocket when he gets a shot. But i would give that up if we could get a proven star.

#24 Jakob

Jakob

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

Our defense stomped the Knicks in tonight's game

#25 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • 2,673 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:16 PM

Only saw the fourth quarter, my antenna suddenly decided to pick it up.

Good stuff.

5-3

#26 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 15,523 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 27 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

Horncats are playing well. I cant even distinguish them as the Bobcats anymore. The old days are almost gone. Next year, when we come out as the Hornets no one will ever remember that this city used to be called the Bobcats. We have the right coaching staffs and players in place right now. One more good draft + a FA player would push this team as one of the better team in the league. It is so fun to see our young guys like Kemba, Hendo, Biz, McRob, and Taylor putting it down on the court even if it's just the preseason.

Jeff Taylor is also on his own level. The kid is so explosive to the rim. He should go ahead of MKG as the starting SF. I would be disappointed if Taylor is not in the Dunk Contest this season. We struck GOLD on Taylor. His offensive game is way ahead of MKG and he plays defense just as well as MKG.

#27 chubs2496

chubs2496

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

He people forget that JT plays good defense too. I just like the guy. He's gonna be good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users