Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Screw Our Needs, I Want Ebron.

76 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Yes, I'm a Tar Heels fan. However that has nothing to do with the fact that Eric Ebron, starting TE for UNC, is a beast. Our offense was so much more dynamic when we had Jeremy Shockey next to Olsen. Could you imagine him in the Panthers offense. He is a perfect TE in the mold of Vernon Davis. He can catch AND block! We have TE's who who catch and some who can block. Eric Ebron does both willingly. Look I know we have other needs like OT, OG, CB, and WR, but putting Eric Ebron on this Panthers offense would be awesome.

Posted · Report post

Nicks 2.0.

Posted · Report post

If I were to make a list of things I wanted us to draft I'm not sure a TE even makes the list.

Ignoring glaring needs on the team for another position without the player we take being heads and shoulders better than a player at a position we desperately need is just an awful idea.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Was thinking the same thing as I watch this game. I'm not a Tar Heels fan btw. But I do wonder if an athletic TE paired up with Olsen, would benefit Cam more than a WR would.

We do still need a WR though, smith needs to move to the slot.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

If he's the top TE, that's early first.

If we make that our WR pick, I'm OK with that. Oh, and pickup Nicks.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Let's sign Lebron as a TE this offseason.  His contract in Miami is up after this season.

Posted · Report post

OT in the first, Ebron in the second.

Posted · Report post

Ebron is awesome for a tight end, but he also has head scratching drops aon routine passes sometimes.

He is explosive after the catch though.

Posted · Report post

Ebron is awesome for a tight end, but he also has head scratching drops aon routine passes sometimes.

He is explosive after the catch though.

You can work on hands, that was the big knock on LaFell and he's improved greatly in that department.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

True. I love tight ends. The more the merrier
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I'd be down.  An effective athletic TE is just as good of an addition as a WR.  

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Oline or ebron. The cam to ebron connection would be unstoppable. We need to get back to that 2 tight end set

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Not sure about drafting one that early, but I definitely want to add another legit threat at TE.

Posted · Report post

Anyone for Cam to grow with would be great.  Tightend or Wide Receiver, doesn't matter.  He just needs weapons.  

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Colt Lyerla > Eric Ebron

Nooooooo, nope.

Posted · Report post

2nd or 3rd round?

1st!

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If I were to make a list of things I wanted us to draft I'm not sure a TE even makes the list.

Ignoring glaring needs on the team for another position without the player we take being heads and shoulders better than a player at a position we desperately need is just an awful idea.

To be honest, he gives Olsen and a lot of TE's who start a run for their money.

Posted · Report post

Colt Lyerla > Eric Ebron

Hater! No way! Everyone, including UNC haters except you obviously, know for a freaking fact that Eric is better. Colt Lyerla is talented though, but not 1st round talented. 2nd round yes.

Posted · Report post

Sick catch by Ebron
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Let's sign Lebron as a TE this offseason.  His contract in Miami is up after this season.

You jerk lol.

Posted · Report post

Holy crap that catch he just made. One handed, while half spinning against 10th ranked Miami.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

To be honest, he gives Olsen and a lot of TE's who start a run for their money.

"giving them a run for their money" and "being head and shoulders better than a different draft pick at a position we desperately need help at" are two very different things.  Given equal or even slightly disparate talent between two players on the board when we pick I would not likely take a TE over one of the positions we do have a pressing need for.

Yes the 2 TE sets were useful but that doesn't make another TE the smart pick.  Just doesn't sound like a good idea to me.

Posted · Report post

Hater! No way! Everyone, including UNC haters except you obviously, know for a freaking fact that Eric is better. Colt Lyerla is talented though, but not 1st round talented. 2nd round yes.

Lol, so because I think a player is better than another I'm a "hater"? Ok...