Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Screw Our Needs, I Want Ebron.

76 posts in this topic

Posted

Yes, I'm a Tar Heels fan. However that has nothing to do with the fact that Eric Ebron, starting TE for UNC, is a beast. Our offense was so much more dynamic when we had Jeremy Shockey next to Olsen. Could you imagine him in the Panthers offense. He is a perfect TE in the mold of Vernon Davis. He can catch AND block! We have TE's who who catch and some who can block. Eric Ebron does both willingly. Look I know we have other needs like OT, OG, CB, and WR, but putting Eric Ebron on this Panthers offense would be awesome.

Posted

2nd or 3rd round?

Posted

Nicks 2.0.

Posted

If I were to make a list of things I wanted us to draft I'm not sure a TE even makes the list.

Ignoring glaring needs on the team for another position without the player we take being heads and shoulders better than a player at a position we desperately need is just an awful idea.

2 people like this

Posted

Was thinking the same thing as I watch this game. I'm not a Tar Heels fan btw. But I do wonder if an athletic TE paired up with Olsen, would benefit Cam more than a WR would.

We do still need a WR though, smith needs to move to the slot.

2 people like this

Posted

If he's the top TE, that's early first.

If we make that our WR pick, I'm OK with that. Oh, and pickup Nicks.

2 people like this

Posted

Let's sign Lebron as a TE this offseason.  His contract in Miami is up after this season.

Posted

OT in the first, Ebron in the second.

Posted

Ebron is awesome for a tight end, but he also has head scratching drops aon routine passes sometimes.

He is explosive after the catch though.

Posted

Ebron is awesome for a tight end, but he also has head scratching drops aon routine passes sometimes.

He is explosive after the catch though.

You can work on hands, that was the big knock on LaFell and he's improved greatly in that department.

1 person likes this

Posted

True. I love tight ends. The more the merrier

1 person likes this

Posted

I'd be down.  An effective athletic TE is just as good of an addition as a WR.  

2 people like this