Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CharlottePanther

Shula also deserves some credit for our stout D.

90 posts in this topic

Time of possession is important but you have to score in this league. Especially against teams like the Aints, Fudge Packers, Etc.

Time of possession is important but you have to score in this league. Especially against teams like the Aints, Fudge Packers, Etc.

If you finish a 9 minute drive with a TD like we did in the Vikings, that's even better against teams like the Saints, Packers, etc. because that takes away their time on offense, and as good as those teams are offensively they don't score every drive.

1 person likes this

Again, I am in no way trying to discredi our D and Sean Mcd, they are the key. There is just no denying the importance of keeping your D as rested as possible during the game. The Chargers D isn elite but if you watched the Chargers Colts game the same thing happened.

1 person likes this

yep and those 3 and outs our D inflected on their O didn't hurt our rest time either.

Exactly. Offensive players are more cnditioned to be able to stay on the field that long and not get as winded, it just depletes the opposing D so rapidly when they face an offense that controls clock like we do. Oh and not to mention on top of that, when the D finally does force a 4th down on us, we go for it and get it. Thats what I call twisting the knife in the D

2 people like this

I'll admit, he's helping our D some.

Now if he would help our O we would be in business, considering he's the offensive coordinator and all.

1 person likes this

thread 2/10. Sorry bro.

You know your threads sucks when even Feldman9000 has something bad to say about it.

3 people like this

I agree with those that say OP has a point. It's easier to pass than it used to be, but I think it's a myth that the running game and good running backs are obsolete.

Efficiency on offense is where it's at. Run game is less susceptible to costly turn overs.

1 person likes this

Yes, TOP is important and valuable, but only if you score on a decent percent of your possessions.

If you are just chewing up clock moving between the 20's, I'm not sure it necessarily works in a team's favor.

reading this thread, seems like some of you believe we have a winning record