Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Shula also deserves some credit for our stout D.

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#31 Future Of The Franchise

Future Of The Franchise

The Ambassador of Booty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,731 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:04 AM

Key word here, SOME. Please dont get up in arms. Why you ask? Simple, nothing lifts a defense like a offense that keeps the ball nearly an entire quarter. God I love ground and pound, clock control offenses. Forget this basketball style, shoot out type offenses. I just love seeing offenses like ours that is super stingy with that football and doesnt like to give it back and just pounds it. I love seeing opposing defenses winded and tired and I love seeing our defense on the becnch relaxing for nearly an entire quarter.

This isnt the NBA, scores in the NFL arent suppose to be 42-55. Get the fug outta here with that mess. I dont think our D would have been as good with Chud still here because you just cant underestimate how much of a impact it has on a D that can rest on the bench for aslong as possible, and with ground and pound Shula ball, our D can do just that and im loving every minute of it.

I think this may be the best post you have ever made.

#32 Thorrez

Thorrez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

Rivera is trying to fix the problems with loses late. He obviously credits the winded d-line to part of it and are fixing it with lowering the total play each game (your point) and letting the backups in play early. 

Still, you can eat clock on offense without breaking the huddle so late that you risk delay of game every other play.

Alexander-Short-Cole-Addison is a great backup line. Alexander-Short-Fua-Addison on the other hand is, well everybody that can read three letter word finds the problem.

So I for one agree with the strategy, just not the execution. 

#33 CelticCat

CelticCat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 04:20 AM

TOP is crucial in the NFL. Its something Chip Kelly may have to reconsider. The Eagles may sit at 3-3 today but the O and D are polar opposites. Its no coincidence their TOP and D are at the bottom.

#34 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• HUDDLER
  • 18,012 posts
  • LocationDark Side of the Moon

Posted 19 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Why are the saints right behind us in TOP?

Must be that ball-control, ground and pound offense that somehow ends up with over 300+ passing yards in the box score every week

They are the master at the short passing game.

#35 googoodan

googoodan

Memberest

• HUDDLER
  • 10,382 posts
  • LocationBayside

Posted 19 October 2013 - 11:50 AM

They are the master at dinking and dunking to a HB and TE then hitting a WR deep when you take out the HB and TE

FTFY
Same thing we did with Stephen Davis in 2003 (albeit running instead of short passes) and the Redskins did last season, and the Texans did in 2011.

#36 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

I wonder how OP's logic holds up when we play teams that aren't New York, Buffalo, Minnesota.

Accept reality.

#37 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

TOP is crucial in the NFL

No. As has already been said in this thread, not only does the evidence not support this. it suggests the opposite. The only people who still believe this are the schmucks who grew up watching the steelers with pappy and can't let it go and the poor impressionable souls who buy into their thought process

#38 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:40 PM

I have to thank many of you for the PIE. My posts rarely get them so thank you all!

#39 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:43 PM

No. As has already been said in this thread, not only does the evidence not support this. it suggests the opposite. The only people who still believe this are the schmucks who grew up watching the steelers with pappy and can't let it go and the poor impressionable souls who buy into their thought process

These gimmick, pass heavy, read option offense are just gimmicks. Lets ask the Bills and Redskins how they like those QB runs. Thats why I roll my eyes everytime I see us call a stupid zone option read with a QB run. The sooner Cam perfects becoming a real pocket passer, the better. I really do think he is a better pocket passer than R Wilson and RG3 already.

#40 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:45 PM

These gimmick, pass heavy, read option offense are just gimmicks. Lets ask the Bills and Redskins how they like those QB runs. Thats why I roll my eyes everytime I see us call a stupid zone option read with a QB run. The sooner Cam perfects becoming a real pocket passer, the better. I really do think he is a better pocket passer than R Wilson and RG3 already.

Grr those championship teams with their super bowl trophies and short term gimmicks! I like losing the old fashioned way darn tootin!

This is the way the NFL is now. It isn't by accident. It's profitable. Accept it.

#41 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:48 PM

Grr those championship teams with their super bowl trophies and short term gimmicks! I like losing the old fashioned way darn tootin!

This is the way the NFL is now. It isn't by accident. It's profitable. Accept it.

Teams with horrible defenses that allow opposing teams score 35 plus points rarely have success in Januaray

#42 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:51 PM

Teams with horrible defenses that allow opposing teams score 35 plus points rarely have success in Januaray

oh hey look another dumb cliche your pawpaw told you that hasn't held up

#43 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:55 PM

oh hey look another dumb cliche your pawpaw told you that hasn't held up

Im just a firm believer in "defenses wins championship."

#44 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:57 PM

Im just a firm believer in "defenses wins championship."

Oh really because it seems that there is another axe your grinding at play here

God I love ground and pound, clock control offenses. Forget this basketball style, shoot out type offenses. I just love seeing offenses like ours that is super stingy with that football and doesnt like to give it back and just pounds it.

oh gee look there it is after all

#45 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 13,593 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

Guys gah run dah foobaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.