#1 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,335 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 18 October 2013 - 06:58 PM

http://espn.go.com/b...r-of-carolina-d

Linebacker Thomas Davis was explaining how he got two sacks in Sunday's 35-10 victory over the Minnesota Vikings, giving all the credit to Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott for putting him in the right position.

"You don't have to say that because I'm standing here," shouted McDermott, about 15 feet away.

Thomas continued to wax eloquent on the 39-year-old coach as he dressed in the visitors locker room at the Minneapolis Metrodome.

"He's a defensive guru," he said.

"I heard that," McDermott said. "You don't have to say that, man."he Carolina defense among the NFL's elite.

Davis turned to his coach and replied, "Listen to me. I'm not saying this because you're right there."

And we were ready to run him out of town after the first year. Amazing what having productive players can do for your defense.

#2 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,171 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:02 PM

I dont know how much is him, and how much is Rivera.

#3 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:07 PM

Rivera is probably the best or at least top 2 defensive minds in the league. McDermott is a good coach. I love his energy and motivation. Dude really knows defense as well

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#4 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:09 PM

"You don't have to say that because I'm standing here," shouted McDermott, about 15 feet away.

MCDERMOTT THE GOD lol

#5 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:11 PM

Linebacker Thomas Davis was explaining how he got two sacks in Sunday's 35-10 victory over the Minnesota Vikings, giving all the credit to Carolina Panthers defensive coordinator Sean McDermott for putting him in the right position.

#6 ZeroZeroSeven

ZeroZeroSeven

• ALL-PRO
  • 436 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:12 PM

You can't blame McDermott for the previous 2 seasons defensive woes. I mean the man was given Terrell McClain and Fua as his two DTs.

#7 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,451 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:26 PM

I remember munnerlyn saying somewhere(I think on the radio, not sure though) earlier this offseason that the scheming/game planning was pretty much all McDermott just like the past 2 seasons

#8 mjligon

mjligon

@mleezy53

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,221 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:30 PM

I hate the thought of losing McDermott in the event Rivera is fired at seasons end.

#9 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,766 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

Lol what was it we used to call him?  Sean McDumbass?  McDerp?  I honestly can't even remember.

Defense has come a loooong way since 2011.  Granted we had no LBers, no DTs, Hardy wasn't the Kraken yet, and no secondary outside of Gamble.

#10 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

lol

#11 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

Rivera's last press conference he said himself that he tries not to speak in defensive meetings and tries to allow the coaches to talk through game plans on their own.  

#12 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,499 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:18 PM

So many accolades for our defense is a good thing.  But I would like to wait and see how we do against some of the better offenses in the league before I am convinced.  If the saints and patriots torch us, then its much ado about nothing. 

#13 Panthers69473

Panthers69473

Mr Mojo Risin

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:32 PM

Rivera's last press conference he said himself that he tries not to speak in defensive meetings and tries to allow the coaches to talk through game plans on their own.

Then just wtf is it that rivera does lol

#14 Phil

Phil

• HUDDLER
  • 2,793 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:35 PM

Then just wtf is it that rivera does lol

I think he daydreams on the sideline about playing on the field again. Being one of the guys.

#15 Woodcookedbbq

Woodcookedbbq

Vinegar Based

• HUDDLER
  • 2,404 posts
  • LocationGreenville, NC

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:46 PM

McDermott got a raw deal in Philly.  He'll get some HC interviews if the defense keeps playing at the level they have been.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com