Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESPN: Sean McDermott, Master of Carolina Defense

33 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Rivera's last press conference he said himself that he tries not to speak in defensive meetings and tries to allow the coaches to talk through game plans on their own.

Then just wtf is it that rivera does lol
3 people like this

Posted · Report post

Then just wtf is it that rivera does lol

I think he daydreams on the sideline about playing on the field again. Being one of the guys.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

McDermott got a raw deal in Philly.  He'll get some HC interviews if the defense keeps playing at the level they have been.

Posted · Report post

Ron Rivera is the best defensive mind and/or DC in the NFL today. Regardless of what you think of him as a HC. The man is a phenomenal defensive coach.

Sean McDermott is a young, defensive coach prodigy and is quickly becoming one of the best DC's in the NFL. He may be a top 5 DC already. He was unfairly blamed for the mess in Philadelphia and spent his first few years here with major talent deficiencies at several positions. This year is the first time he's had the talent to show what he can do, and he is delivering.

Why people have been dead set on running this staff out of Carolina for almost 2 years is beyond me. Bring in a offensive minded guy and it may help Cam some, but the defense will suffer badly.

Posted · Report post

If Rivera is fired at the end of the year and we end up bringing in a new HC, I hope Sean stays as DC

Posted · Report post

With just a few exceptions, I've liked what McDermott has done with our defense since day 1.

Too many people here judged him unfairly because of how he left Philly. Then once our D began to come around last year, everyone wanted to give Rivera the credit. 

I think he has been severely underrated by many of our fans, and I'm glad he is getting a few accolades now.

Posted · Report post

I actually think McD would make the best HC of the guys currently employed here. He's a fiery guy the players respect.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I will really appreciate him when we stop giving up last minute drives.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

I will really appreciate him when we stop giving up last minute drives.

Yep, needs to stop missing tackles, blowing assignments and losing contain!
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yep, needs to stop missing tackles, blowing assignments and losing contain!

AND calling prevent defense. Left that out

Posted · Report post

I was one of the ones that hinted after year one that maybe we should look to make a change at DC, now like someone earlier said, if we change head coaches I kinda hope he gets a chance to remain DC.

To be fair, I think he has grown a lot himself as a coach the last two years.

Posted · Report post

Bring in a offensive minded guy and it may help Cam some, but the defense will suffer badly.

there are way too many examples to bring up that refute this

2 people like this