• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#61 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,406 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 02:30 AM

Seems like Norman is the new Gettis. Just like Gettis couldn't get any PT in a weak WR corps, Norman can't get any PT in a weak secondary. If these guys were such great hidden talents, they would've been and would be on the field. Norman will likely join Gettis watching NFL games from a couch next year. Both guys showed flashes but ultimately just weren't good enough often enough.

#62 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 05:22 AM

I'm not certain the OP is a bad idea.  Or at least hope DJ Moore comes back soon and can start.  Thomas has been giving up big plays all year (as someone else said, at least Norman just gives up short plays not big ones) and it's hurt us in the past (most notably Seattle when he got burned on back to back passes, the second one being caught for the game winning TD), we're just lucky we were able to score enough this time that it didn't contribute to us losing.

One way or another, I think a change is needed at CB across from Florence.  Whether it's Norman or Moore I don't care.  We need Norman/Moore and Florence starting with Capt at his nickle spot and Thomas playing spot relief.  He has sucked this year.

#63 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,266 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

I'm starting to fear Thomas going against Fast WR. He is consistanly getting burnt now.

So because we play a zone blitz scheme he had help over the top. This play falls on the safety for over the top while the corner has underneath and plays inside leverage.

#64 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 06:15 AM

Notice we went 4-0 with Josh Norman on the bench last year. Now that he hasn't been allowed to touch the damn field we're winning again. I've been saying he was garbage since the first time he took the field. He cost us 3 games last year and 1 this year already.

#65 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,971 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

Norman was preseason defensive player of the year. He has a knack of getting the ball. I think he deserves a chance

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#66 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,978 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 08:15 AM

Norman was preseason defensive player of the year. He has a knack of getting the ball. I think he deserves a chance

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

You like winning? Well you can kiss that poo goodbye if Norman gets on that field.

#67 beastson

beastson

Cam

• HUDDLER
  • 8,809 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 10:25 PM

Did you watch the games against the Saints last year?

The base defensive scheme is a zone blitz.

You're talking about changing the entire defense midseason.  Not a good option.

No Im not saying don't run it all. Im saying we need to at times play man to man press coverage instead of zone all game long. It's not a good idea especially to teams that adjust and have dangerous passing attacks. On that CJ sack, we didn't play zone. We put man to man on each WR they had, which gave time for CJ to get there

#68 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,889 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 22 October 2013 - 01:06 AM

No Im not saying don't run it all. Im saying we need to at times play man to man press coverage instead of zone all game long. It's not a good idea especially to teams that adjust and have dangerous passing attacks. On that CJ sack, we didn't play zone. We put man to man on each WR they had, which gave time for CJ to get there

You want to run that sort of scheme effectively, you need guys that can do both.

As it stands right now, Norman can't.  Put him out on the field and you may as well just yell over to the opposing sideline that you're going man.

It's just not a good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.