Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

About this Win

38 posts in this topic

Posted

totally agreed. i haven't seen fight like this from panthers and fans in....well....it's been a while.

i absolutely love it. no more mr. nice guy. no more mr. and mrs. pleasant fan.  

hello piss and vinegar.

4 people like this

Posted

I'd actually love to hear from those at the game of how people in the stands were acting today. The environment seemed so much better, and not just because we were winning. Dare I say, it seemed like a "fun" crowd? 

If ANYONE was told to sit down or be quiet, as I have been in the past, the person telling them to do so should receive a swift kick in the genitalia. 

Posted

i honestly think the 2011 and 2012 panthers would've come unglued. instead they went out and started kicking asses.

corner turned?

2 people like this

Posted

I hope so! Holding my breath till thursday

2 people like this

Posted

Jeff Fisher is known for having nasty teams.   I think he felt his boys could come into BOA stadium and intimidate the Panthers into a losing their composure and stealing a win.  It didn't happen and our boys fought back.

Based on Smith's comments that multiple Rams players were making comments about his wife, I think it was an orchestrated effort by Fisher. Very Gregg Williams-esque.

2 people like this

Posted

Based on Smith's comments that multiple Rams players were making comments about his wife, I think it was an orchestrated effort by Fisher. Very Gregg Williams-esque.

Any coach who deliberately tells his (young) defense to get into a word war with #89 is a fuging moron.

I heard Billick mention Tory Holt talked to the Rams CBs and told them to keep their mouth shut around Smith because that was a battle they wouldn't win.

4 people like this

Posted

Low Class effort by Fisher if that was the case.

He likes to get his team to play (head) games.

Posted

I'd actually love to hear from those at the game of how people in the stands were acting today. The environment seemed so much better, and not just because we were winning. Dare I say, it seemed like a "fun" crowd? 

If ANYONE was told to sit down or be quiet, as I have been in the past, the person telling them to do so should receive a swift kick in the genitalia. 

It was actually very different today, a vast improvement. The crowd was definitely into it. More than the 2 of us stood for the defense, practically the entire section, and we were all quiet while the offense was on the field. Yeah, we taunted Long on his way out but he was asking for it. CMPD did look for the fan who dropped the last bottle on his head but I don't know if they found him/her. There were only a handful of Ram fans and they were quiet. The t-shirt guys were going nuts today, one landed on my lap from a rebound, I gave it away. One landed right behind me. Felt like a pink t-shirt magnet lol. Fewer commercials, more crowd encouragement, more music, it was good.

Only bad thing is that someone did go through my {little} purse. First time ever. Fortunately my momma didn't raise a fool ... all the valuable things were in my pockets.

1 person likes this

Posted

This helps us with an identity.

The 2003 Panthers were the Cardiac Cat under Jake Delhomme.  The fans identified and embraced that team. 

Yesterday our fans identified with the "We are Done getting pushed around" attitude this team is portraying. 

I love the unity.  When J. Gross stood up for Cam that said NO ONE F-Ks with MY QB.  Gross is a team leader and though he eventually (smartly) got out of the spotlight.  He was as big a part of getting this image out to this team.

It think it was Hardy getting the fans louder and louder (might have been Cam)

You could sense (even through the TV) our fans were getting behind our team.

1 person likes this

Posted

Watching NFL network with the Thursday night promo. "the Panthers are ready to make a run" is their tag line. Feels like were putting it together. Is the process finally over? I sure as hell hope so. Three dominate wins this year it's time to get on a roll!!