Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

panthers cut dj moore

65 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Fua over Moore?

Posted · Report post

I don't know anything about WR Tavarres King. How would you compare him to McNutt...

Gut instinct tells me King is at least a little bit better because there's been more interest in him of late.

Both were fifth round picks if I recall correctly; McNutt last year by the Eagles and King this year by the Broncos.

Posted · Report post

And Melvin White too I assume, wasn't he the guy we elevated from the PS when we got injured.

Lester for Godfrey.

White actually made the roster from day one which was a huge shock to pretty much everyone.  He's made the best of his time and played really well so it makes sense they would rather cut Moore than lose someone like White who can be a big contributor down the line.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Fua over Moore?

Healthy over hurt (plus Dwan is still ailing).

And honestly, its not like Moore was a world beater. Some of us weren't even sure he'd make the team this past offseason.

Of course, the question now becomes who tells Josh Norman who to cover (assuming he ever gets back on the field)?

Posted · Report post

CajunTuffguy, on 21 Oct 2013 - 5:23 PM, said:

White actually made the roster from day one which was a huge shock to pretty much everyone.  He's made the best of his time and played really well so it makes sense they would rather cut Moore than lose someone like White who can be a big contributor down the line.

I agree. We are gonna have to look to White for production because eventually Josh Thomas is going to cost us a W.

Might have been a completely different game yesterday if Tavon's td doesn't come back and Quick breaks away from the TD saving tackle.

Thomas wasn't even remotely close to making a play. Not to mention they dropped an easy td in the corner of the end zone when Thomas was in coverage too!

Posted · Report post

I feel bad for Moore, I had hopes for him to be a ball hawk on dime situations. That being said I'm excited about King

Posted · Report post

I was expecting Moore to have a decent season here. Meanwhile fat ass Fua is still on the roster.

Posted · Report post

Should have cut Thomas. Bad move.

Posted · Report post

That's right, der. It was Florence we brought back.

Posted · Report post

I feel bad for Moore, I had hopes for him to be a ball hawk on dime situations. That being said I'm excited about King

He could still get picked back up if someone else gets hurt.

Posted · Report post

Should have cut Thomas. Bad move.

Ugh. Sometimes the ignorance on this forum is too much for one man.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Ugh. Sometimes the ignorance on this forum is too much for one man.

I agree Thomas has played pretty well. But good lord he has trouble covering people deep. I know he expected safety help on the bomb pass to Quick, but Tavon burned him earlier in the game. 

He also gave up the huge TD verse the Hawks in week 1, on the same play twice. 

By no means should he be cut, but teams are going to exploit that if he doesn't fix it.