Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Giants reportedly "desperate at running back"

43 posts in this topic

Posted

Stewart is a 'be your own blocker' type. Williams is not that, and never will be.

Given the state of the Giants line right now, he might be the only blocker he'd have.

1 person likes this

Posted

Kenjon will be DWills replacement. Also, Hillis and Cox seem to be doing alright. Not sure on the desperation.

Posted

Honestly, does anyone truly believe G-Man is going to roll the dice with D-Will past this season?

Stewart is the best of both worlds (Tolbert and Williams), and is still relatively young.

Posted

The cowboys are also looking for a replacement for Murray. They are actually in the running.

Posted

The cowboys are also looking for a replacement for Murray. They are actually in the running.

DAL also has only 2M to play with under the cap (according to nflplayers.com cap site) this year, so only Tolbert would be in play (and the best "value" of the 3).

Posted

Trading for a rb in their state would be a terrible decision.

Posted

nicks would help our playoff push more than Stewart coming back would. Were straight with Tolbert, Dwill an the future in Barner

Posted

I think we also missed him during the Seattle game.. Don't forget what J Stew brings to the table guys. 

Posted

stew can ball no doubt but I don't ever think he's going to be what we drafted him to be for a full season sadly...

Posted

Honestly, does anyone truly believe G-Man is going to roll the dice with D-Will past this season?

Stewart is the best of both worlds (Tolbert and Williams), and is still relatively young.

As long as you only need him for half a season :unsure:

The changes to Williams contract make it a lot easier for the team to keep him.

I suspect if they choose one or the other, it'll be Williams.

I could also, however, conceivably see a scenario where they dump both and pick up someone else on the cheap.

Posted

As long as you only need him for half a season :unsure:

The changes to Williams contract make it a lot easier for the team to keep him.

I suspect if they choose one or the other, it'll be Williams.

I could also, however, conceivably see a scenario where they dump both and pick up someone else on the cheap.

There lies the problem. Stewart has leverage, G-Man does not. That contract he signed makes him virtually untouchable until 2015. You can't move him and you can't cut him. Plain and simple. Unless Stewart retools his contract again or begs for a trade, D-Will is going in 2014, not J-Stew. In addition, Jonathan is more versatile than Williams.

Posted

DAL also has only 2M to play with under the cap (according to nflplayers.com cap site) this year, so only Tolbert would be in play (and the best "value" of the 3).

Did you see

They will be 30+ over the cap in 2014

They can't afford nothing

1 person likes this