Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else think our secondary needs to play a lot better?

44 posts in this topic

Posted

If not for the penalty on the tavon austin td and the drop on a sure td in the end zone, the STL game could of been easily a shootout.  

Posted

Just need to draft a CB. Im comfortable with both safety positions and Melvin.

Posted

I havent checked stats this week, but I doubt we lost anything in defensive rankings. Having said that we have a top 3 nfl d right now....I think they could be playing better sure, but our D, secondary included is only giving up around 13 points a game. fuging enjoy it.

3 people like this

Posted

Absolutely, but we knew that coming into the season. They've played well above their talent level and we really can't complain too much.

4 people like this

Posted

Our defense is cream of the crop in the NFL.  No defense plays perfect, sometimes they give up big plays.  We give up less big plays than most teams, so we are a good defense.  Bradford woulda been creamed if Long didn't trip him.  Expecting absolute perfection on defense and/or offense is unrealistic.  And cmon, Mitchell is making up for most of the secondary's poor plays.  Can't whine at them after they make up for it with a turnover.

Posted

None of our corners have speed.

Posted

Josh Thomas needs to play better and stop getting burnt. Teams are scheming to get him 1 on 1 on deep routes.

1 person likes this

Posted

Josh Thomas needs to play better and stop getting burnt. Teams are scheming to get him 1 on 1 on deep routes.

Pretty much this.  I can tolerate the occasional dinking and dunking that our team is famous for giving up, but Thomas has been giving up too many long plays especially if you count the plays that get called back because of penalties just get dropped.  Those don't hurt us as much against a team like the Rams, but when we're playing teams like the Saints and Patriots we can't rely on those bailout shortcomings of the opposing teams.

Posted

White looks promising, as does Norman. However, Josh Thomas looks really poor in man-to-man coverage. I would love us to draft Deion Belue in the mid-late rounds of this year's draft. He's not as good against the run, but he's not bad either and is awesome in man coverage. 

Posted

I think we do need to get better to play against effective passing teams. There are couple of Qbs that will carve us up

Posted

White looks promising, as does Norman. However, Josh Thomas looks really poor in man-to-man coverage. I would love us to draft Deion Belue in the mid-late rounds of this year's draft. He's not as good against the run, but he's not bad either and is awesome in man coverage.

When has Norman looked promising?

2 people like this

Posted

Norman only looks good in camp and preseason. He's always been hot garbage when the games actually count. I'm not quite ready to give up on him, but I'm getting close.