Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else think our secondary needs to play a lot better?

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

We will add a cb in the draft, but for now, White is showing promise.  Thank God for Gettlemen, or it would be worse.  Where would this group be without Mitchell, Mykell/Lester, White, Munnerlyn and Florence?  All were free agents.

Thomas and Nornan are concerning me---Thomas would be better on the #3 WR instead of drawing the #1 WR.

Posted · Report post

I know Oregon's secondary has been giving up big numbers but I like two of their CBs (Ifo and Terrence). Fuller and Dennard look like solid mid/late-round options too.

Posted · Report post

Depending on how the draft shakes out, ideally I'd like to see our first two picks consist of OT and WR. But I wouldn't be upset if a CB was taken if he was by far the BPA.

Posted · Report post

Our secondary will be tested Thursday

Posted · Report post

Our secondary will be tested Thursday

by the great mike glennon. All they've got on offense is Vincent Jackson. Can't be that hard to take one guy out of the game when the offense has no other real threats with Doug Martin out now too.

Posted · Report post

Well the way the Rams offense was playing pussy ball, I'm okay with it.

Our secondary could definitely get better but I'd like to see a little more pressure on a more consistent basis from Hardy and co...and I believe that will happen.

Posted · Report post

Pretty much this.  I can tolerate the occasional dinking and dunking that our team is famous for giving up, but Thomas has been giving up too many long plays especially if you count the plays that get called back because of penalties just get dropped.  Those don't hurt us as much against a team like the Rams, but when we're playing teams like the Saints and Patriots we can't rely on those bailout shortcomings of the opposing teams.

Maybe if the safeties did not jump routes you wouldn't have guys open on long plays. 

Posted · Report post

Its a double edged sword going against a team like the Rams with such a weak WR corps because its not as simple as just double covering a great WR. So you get a lot of one on ones. Thats why im looking forward to the Bucs game, its plainly obvious you just have to double Vjax as they dont realy have any other WRs to make plays, their no 2 is on pace for just 495 yds on the season, to put that into perspective, our number 3 WR is on pace for nearly double that amont.

Posted · Report post

We are one shutdown CB away from being elite.

Posted · Report post

McDermott blitzed more against the Ram than any other team we've played this year. I don't expect that to continue at that rate, which will help our CB's.

Posted · Report post

We are one shutdown CB away from being elite.

6a839a0e3ea191289f9a77b5642983b5.png

Posted · Report post

Every aspect and phase of this football team needs to play a lot better.

Unless of course they are not interested in hoisting a Lombardi in the near future.  If thats the case they can stop attempting to improve.