Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Anyone else think our secondary needs to play a lot better?

44 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

by the great mike glennon. All they've got on offense is Vincent Jackson. Can't be that hard to take one guy out of the game when the offense has no other real threats with Doug Martin out now too.

We already lost to one rookie QB this year...

Glennon is a better passer with a better weapon

Posted · Report post

McDermott blitzed more against the Ram than any other team we've played this year. I don't expect that to continue at that rate, which will help our CB's.

True, his game should look more like NY. More emphasis on the front 4 and dropping 7. Still need to blitz the rookie though

Posted · Report post

Needs to play better deep, that's about it.  They're covering well in the medium, letting passes short be complete and making the tackle, but they let guys get behind them deep.  Especially Josh Thomas.  Tampa will be taking shots deep with Vincent Jackson early and often so they'd better be ready or it could get ugly.  

Posted · Report post

by the great mike glennon. All they've got on offense is Vincent Jackson. Can't be that hard to take one guy out of the game when the offense has no other real threats with Doug Martin out now too.

Have you watched any of Glennon's games? He has been impressive. Penalties and a ton of drops have been the main thing stopping their offense.

If Glennon is comfortable he is a great passer. If we don't have a pass rush he will make every throw accurately.

But if you get him jittery in the pocket he will make bad throws and decisions.

Look, as a UNC fan I have no love for Glennon, but some of you guys may be underselling how good he has looked the last two games.

Hopefully our players and coaches are taking him more seriously than some of our fans.

Posted · Report post

Have you watched any of Glennon's games? He has been impressive. Penalties and a ton of drops have been the main thing stopping their offense.

If Glennon is comfortable he is a great passer. If we don't have a pass rush he will make every throw accurately.

But if you get him jittery in the pocket he will make bad throws and decisions.

Look, as a UNC fan I have no love for Glennon, but some of you guys may be underselling how good he has looked the last two games.

Hopefully our players and coaches are taking him more serioiusly than some of our fans.

I highly doubt the Panthers are taking this game lightly.  Rivera said they reviewed tape on Tampa on Thursday before the St. Louis game.  Glennon throws a nice deep ball, the Panthers have no one to match up with Vincent Jackson's size, and they will definitely be taking a lot of deep shots.  The only way the Panthers win this game is to get to the QB and shake him up, make him hear footsteps.  If Glennon gets time to throw this game could get ugly.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I highly doubt the Panthers are taking this game lightly. Rivera said they reviewed tape on Tampa on Thursday before the St. Louis game. Glennon throws a nice deep ball, the Panthers have no one to match up with Vincent Jackson's size, and they will definitely be taking a lot of deep shots. The only way the Panthers win this game is to get to the QB and shake him up, make him hear footsteps. If Glennon gets time to throw this game could get ugly.

Agreed. I just watched their last three games and was surprised at how good Glennon looked, especially the last two games. When he is comfortable he is really, really good at all the throws.

Their offense kept getting hit with holding penalties and had a bunch of drops. They could have scored a lot more points if not for self inflicted wounds.

This game is shaping up to be a scary game. If we can get pressure with 4 we will be in great shape. If not we are going to have to blitz often which will leave CBs on an island. Bottom line is we are going to have to have a pass rush or else Glennon will look like an all-pro

Posted · Report post

When has Norman looked promising?

Preseason, I know it's not much but it's enough for him to be given a chance over the obviously ailing Thomas.

Posted · Report post

Yes they do. They got beat deep all day vs the Rams. Bradford just couldn't connect. The first play would have been a touchdown if he didn't get hit

Posted · Report post

Thomas will eventually cost us a game. Need to address it now with TB and ATL coming up.

Posted · Report post

what did you expect?  i can tell  you, everyone here expected us to have the worst secondary in the league.  

Posted · Report post

Preseason, I know it's not much but it's enough for him to be given a chance over the obviously ailing Thomas.

What he's done in the regular season over the course of his two seasons has negated any promise from two preseason interceptions.

Posted · Report post

Thomas will eventually cost us a game. Need to address it now with TB and ATL coming up.

Norman HAS already cost us a game