Photo
- - - - -

Anyone else think our secondary needs to play a lot better?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#31 monkey48

monkey48

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

When has Norman looked promising?

Preseason, I know it's not much but it's enough for him to be given a chance over the obviously ailing Thomas.

#32 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,766 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

Yes they do. They got beat deep all day vs the Rams. Bradford just couldn't connect. The first play would have been a touchdown if he didn't get hit

#33 Nate Dogg

Nate Dogg

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationBoone, NC

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:52 AM

Thomas will eventually cost us a game. Need to address it now with TB and ATL coming up.

#34 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,255 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

what did you expect?  i can tell  you, everyone here expected us to have the worst secondary in the league.  

#35 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Preseason, I know it's not much but it's enough for him to be given a chance over the obviously ailing Thomas.

What he's done in the regular season over the course of his two seasons has negated any promise from two preseason interceptions.

#36 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Thomas will eventually cost us a game. Need to address it now with TB and ATL coming up.

Norman HAS already cost us a game

#37 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:57 AM

Have you watched any of Glennon's games? He has been impressive. Penalties and a ton of drops have been the main thing stopping their offense.

If Glennon is comfortable he is a great passer. If we don't have a pass rush he will make every throw accurately.

But if you get him jittery in the pocket he will make bad throws and decisions.

Look, as a UNC fan I have no love for Glennon, but some of you guys may be underselling how good he has looked the last two games.

Hopefully our players and coaches are taking him more seriously than some of our fans.

his numbers look decent cause he's thrown 44 passes in every game. Glennon has been better than freeman was though I'll give him that.

#38 Chaos

Chaos

A Star is born

• HUDDLER
  • 8,268 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:10 PM

I just want Lester back on the field.  With Mikell healthy and Mitchell, is Lester activated?

#39 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,487 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:27 PM

his numbers look decent cause he's thrown 44 passes in every game. Glennon has been better than freeman was though I'll give him that.

No. To me he has looked good because he is throwing the ball well. His stats actually look worse than he has played the last two games.

Holding penalties that stalled several drives and a multitude of drops are the only thing that has kept his numbers from being great.

Based on tbe games I watched, not only is he better than Freeman he might be the best pure passer we have faced this season. At least when there is no pressure.

Where he is not as good as Freeman or some of the other QBs we have faced, is when the pocket collapses and the play breaks down. If he feels pressure he will panic and fall apart. If he is comfortable he will pick you apart and has great accuracy.

#40 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:35 PM

McDermott blitzed more against the Ram than any other team we've played this year. I don't expect that to continue at that rate, which will help our CB's.

Mike Glennon is awfully statistically against pressure so I'm expecting the same amount of blitzing against the rams.

#41 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,641 posts

No. To me he has looked good because he is throwing the ball well. His stats actually look worse than he has played the last two games.

Holding penalties that stalled several drives and a multitude of drops are the only thing that has kept his numbers from being great.

Based on tbe games I watched, not only is he better than Freeman he might be the best pure passer we have faced this season. At least when there is no pressure.

Where he is not as good as Freeman or some of the other QBs we have faced, is when the pocket collapses and the play breaks down. If he feels pressure he will panic and fall apart. If he is comfortable he will pick you apart and has great accuracy.

he also has had a lot of "should of been" INTs per Tampa fans.....they seem to worry about that.

#42 monkey48

monkey48

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

We need Lester back opposite Mitchell. I think there is also a chance that White might start in place of Thomas.

#43 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,487 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

he also has had a lot of "should of been" INTs per Tampa fans.....they seem to worry about that.

He did. And almost all of them that I recall off the top of my head came with congestion in the backfield.

Pass rush is going to be paramount. We cant let him feel comfortable.

#44 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,044 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 22 October 2013 - 12:41 PM

Our secondary will be tested Thursday

if ya say so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.