SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:26 AM

http://mmqb.si.com/2...-quarterback/3/

Cam offensive player of the week as voted by Peter King.

#2 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,961 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 October 2013 - 05:31 AM

Great...he can still go fug himself.

#3 Cary Kollins

Cary Kollins

keep lbing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,960 posts
  • LocationWinston-Salem, NC

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:16 AM

I bet Peter King likes his crow deep fried and sprinkled with powdered sugar. #fat

#4 panfan32

panfan32

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts
  • LocationFayetteville, North Carolina

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:42 AM

Peter "Puffer" King is a bandwagon jumper. He always praises the top teams and talks poo about the teams struggling.

#5 mav1234

mav1234

• HUDDLER
  • 16,609 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:56 AM

...He put us in his top 15.  Wow.

#6 tondi

tondi

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

I like how he claimed Bradford got "waylaid" out of bounds on the play where he got hurt. Fugger is as blind as he is dumb.

#7 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 33,674 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

fug Peter King

#8 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,503 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

I'll bet Peter King puts ranch dressing on everything. Even his wife.

#9 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 08:59 AM

The Huddle just talks poo about everybody I guess.  I love Peter King's writing.  I would love to see you guys give analysis of the entire NFL every Monday.  My guess is he didn't see one minute of the Panthers game.  I know I wouldn't be watching if I was him.

#10 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 2,080 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:05 AM

The Huddle just talks poo about everybody I guess.  I love Peter King's writing.  I would love to see you guys give analysis of the entire NFL every Monday.  My guess is he didn't see one minute of the Panthers game.  I know I wouldn't be watching if I was him.

did you just say you love writers who write about stuff they don't personally observe and are ignorant about?

Why would I want to read an "analysis" by someone who even his defenders admit doesn't actually watch all the games?

This is a message board, I kind of expect ignorance here.  I don't expect it from SI.

#11 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,961 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

The Huddle just talks poo about everybody I guess. I love Peter King's writing. I would love to see you guys give analysis of the entire NFL every Monday. My guess is he didn't see one minute of the Panthers game. I know I wouldn't be watching if I was him.

What makes him qualified to give analysis of the game if he doesn't watch one minute of it?

#12 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:18 AM

did you just say you love writers who write about stuff they don't personally observe and are ignorant about?

Why would I want to read an "analysis" by someone who even his defenders admit doesn't actually watch all the games?

This is a message board, I kind of expect ignorance here.  I don't expect it from SI.

You don't have to watch every second of every game to give analysis.  Peter King's MMQB articles are some of the best writing I've seen in sports.  He is not a knee jerk reaction kind of guy and I can appreciate that.  Huddlers can just be the biggest group of whiners I have ever seen if something is written about the Panthers isn't 100% flattering.

#13 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• Moderators
  • 2,080 posts
  • LocationWilmington

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:27 AM

You don't have to watch every second of every game to give analysis.  Peter King's MMQB articles are some of the best writing I've seen in sports.  He is not a knee jerk reaction kind of guy and I can appreciate that.  Huddlers can just be the biggest group of whiners I have ever seen if something is written about the Panthers isn't 100% flattering.

To each their own.  I find his writing to be uninformed, aimed to the masses and rarely illuminating or even relevant.  I really think he steals a lot of material from other observers and then passes it on with a Peter King comment to make it appear his own.  His articles are filled with constant self-aggrandizing name dropping and lame latte references that leave me shaking my head every time.  I gave up following him years ago and not because he rarely mentions the Panthers. 

David Newton is one much better option.  I was reading up on Tampa via Pat Yas and it reminded me how much I appreciate D Newton this year.

#14 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:33 AM

To each their own.  I find his writing to be uninformed, aimed to the masses and rarely illuminating or even relevant.  I really think he steals a lot of material from other observers and then passes it on with a Peter King comment to make it appear his own.  His articles are filled with constant self-aggrandizing name dropping and lame latte references that leave me shaking my head every time.  I gave up following him years ago and not because he rarely mentions the Panthers. 

David Newton is one much better option.  I was reading up on Tampa via Pat Yas and it reminded me how much I appreciate D Newton this year.

David Newton covers the Panthers for ESPN.  Of course he would provide more detailed info on the Panthers.  I've been reading Peter King since I was a kid and if you think the only thing he has written is his light-hearted MMQB then that is just said for you.

#15 Fox007

Fox007

• HUDDLER
  • 9,123 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

David Newton covers the Panthers for ESPN.  Of course he would provide more detailed info on the Panthers.  I've been reading Peter King since I was a kid and if you think the only thing he has written is his light-hearted MMQB then that is just said for you.

The only thing that's sad is that you been following King for that long.....PntherPryd is not missing out anything. 

King is a POS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com