Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eat Crow Peter King

25 posts in this topic

Posted

You don't have to watch every second of every game to give analysis.  Peter King's MMQB articles are some of the best writing I've seen in sports.  He is not a knee jerk reaction kind of guy and I can appreciate that.  Huddlers can just be the biggest group of whiners I have ever seen if something is written about the Panthers isn't 100% flattering.

To each their own.  I find his writing to be uninformed, aimed to the masses and rarely illuminating or even relevant.  I really think he steals a lot of material from other observers and then passes it on with a Peter King comment to make it appear his own.  His articles are filled with constant self-aggrandizing name dropping and lame latte references that leave me shaking my head every time.  I gave up following him years ago and not because he rarely mentions the Panthers. 

David Newton is one much better option.  I was reading up on Tampa via Pat Yas and it reminded me how much I appreciate D Newton this year.

Posted

To each their own.  I find his writing to be uninformed, aimed to the masses and rarely illuminating or even relevant.  I really think he steals a lot of material from other observers and then passes it on with a Peter King comment to make it appear his own.  His articles are filled with constant self-aggrandizing name dropping and lame latte references that leave me shaking my head every time.  I gave up following him years ago and not because he rarely mentions the Panthers. 

David Newton is one much better option.  I was reading up on Tampa via Pat Yas and it reminded me how much I appreciate D Newton this year.

David Newton covers the Panthers for ESPN.  Of course he would provide more detailed info on the Panthers.  I've been reading Peter King since I was a kid and if you think the only thing he has written is his light-hearted MMQB then that is just said for you.

Posted

David Newton covers the Panthers for ESPN.  Of course he would provide more detailed info on the Panthers.  I've been reading Peter King since I was a kid and if you think the only thing he has written is his light-hearted MMQB then that is just said for you.

The only thing that's sad is that you been following King for that long.....PntherPryd is not missing out anything. 

King is a POS

Posted

First words he's written about Cam all year, by my tally. He doesn't like Cam/Panthers for some reason. Doesn't like to include us in the column

Posted

Peter "Puffer" King is a bandwagon jumper. He always praises the top teams and talks poo about the teams struggling.

I don't read his stuff anymore (or much of anything from SI.com), but when I used to, he definitely seemed to do this. Always talkin' up the flavor of the week and the Patriots, and crapping on the latest team to go on a 3-game losing streak.

Posted

he had Panthers finishing last in the NFC this year. And he refuses to say the word "redskins", (although that revelation didn't start but 3 weeks ago)

he's a weasel. 

Posted

King loves men

fug him

Posted

The only thing that's sad is that you been following King for that long.....PntherPryd is not missing out anything. 

King is a POS

Wow.  That is just sad.  His pieces in Sports Illustrated were pretty awesome.  I know most people here weren't alive back then and only care about news on Twitter, but he has always been a good writer (and not just about the NFL).  I'm not going to crap all over a guy because he doesn't drool over a Panthers team that hasn't had a winning season any years.

Posted

He's a hack. But his stories about Starbucks, hotels, and microbrews are riveting. Only a 1st class D bag would think that anyone wants to read crap like that.

The Huddle just talks poo about everybody I guess.  I love Peter King's writing.  I would love to see you guys give analysis of the entire NFL every Monday.  My guess is he didn't see one minute of the Panthers game.  I know I wouldn't be watching if I was him.

Posted

I bet Peter King likes his crow deep fried and sprinkled with powdered sugar. #fat

Personal insults? Are you five?

Posted

Personal insults? Are you five?

maybe why are you a child predator?

2 people like this

Posted

Wow.  That is just sad.  His pieces in Sports Illustrated were pretty awesome.  I know most people here weren't alive back then and only care about news on Twitter, but he has always been a good writer (and not just about the NFL).  I'm not going to crap all over a guy because he doesn't drool over a Panthers team that hasn't had a winning season any years.

I'm old enough to remember King being shitty for a very long time.

I agree that no one should be drooling over the Panthers though...don't confuse me with one of those.

Our team deserves no respect and won't get it unless we keep doing what we have been doing here recently.

And...I don't have a twitter nor do I follow it...hence I always ask for ppl to post what they heard from a source on there...

You like Peter King? That's fine but I don't and will exercise my right to call him an idiot with shitty opinions.