Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miami Hurricanes "Sanctions"

24 posts in this topic

Posted

USC fans should be pissed. And it takes a lot for me to say that.

1 person likes this

Posted

It's not college football, but the Frank Haith stuff has me pissed off for Bruce Pearl.  I'd say he and Jim Tressel have a bone to pick with the NCAA.  

1 person likes this

Posted

USC fans should be pissed. And it takes a lot for me to say that.

Don't worry, we are...

1 person likes this

Posted

Don't worry, we are...

I don't blame you. It's absurd.

1 person likes this

Posted

Can't spell uplifted or undefeated without the U.

I'm freeeeeeeee!!!!! Freeeeeee fallin!!!!!!

Posted

I think Miami has endured enough, especially since virtually every major program does the exact same thing. 

Posted

The one thing I've heard over the last few days is Miami got off easy because they cooperated with the NCAA, while USC was defiant. That's funny because in the infractions report on the USC case it specifically states (page 56 I believe) that USC's cooperation was in line with the NCAA's bylaws....

Posted

I think Miami has endured enough, especially since virtually every major program does the exact same thing. 

To say that every major program cheats in some way is probably right, but to say that every program goes to the extent that Miami did is a bit of a reach.

Also, what exactly has Miami "endured" through this?

Posted

To say that every major program cheats in some way is probably right, but to say that every program goes to the extent that Miami did is a bit of a reach.

Also, what exactly has Miami "endured" through this?

Didn't Miami get like a three Bowl ban? In addition, the program lost numerous 3-4-5 star recruits AND The U's image was stained in the process. The last time The Hurricanes were relevant, I was in community college.

Well, rumors have it that Ohio State and USC surpassed what Miami was doing but substantial significant evidence never quite made it into the courtroom.

Posted

Self imposed 2 year postseason ban.

Posted

Didn't Miami get like a three Bowl ban? In addition, the program lost numerous 3-4-5 star recruits AND The U's image was stained in the process. The last time The Hurricanes were relevant, I was in community college.

Well, rumors have it that Ohio State and USC surpassed what Miami was doing but substantial significant evidence never quite made it into the courtroom.

Self imposed 2 year postseason ban.

Yea. Self-imposed two year bowl ban.

I'm assuming we may never know the extent of Miami's violations, but the initial evidence was damning. In my opinion, the NCAA got themselves stuck when they were forced to fire a few investigators. At that point, the entire investigation was tainted. Miami got lucky.