Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam haters, what you should have learned from the last 3 games

258 posts in this topic

Posted

Still needs to throw the ball away before getting sacked.  But kind of hard to hate on Cam with these last two games.  He is doing what he should be doing.  But to say the "haters" is still not here is retarded.  Was he holding on the ball to long in the first part of the season? Yes.  Was he making good decisions? No

Has he worked on that and improved? Yes

I hope he keeps it up but if regresses I will be here to point it out.

Posted

As soon as any QB throws 2 interceptions in a row they'll be back.

"So guys... is it time we trade ___________ ?"

fify

Posted

That guy on ESPN first fake is starting to call Cam a "Game manager" . He tries and fails misiberaly to discredit Cam every chance he gets.

" In American football, a game manager is a quarterback who, despite relatively poor individual statistics such as passing yards and touchdowns, manages to perform well enough to win games. [1][2] Game managers often benefit from strong defense and rushing offense on their teams. The player is expected to not lose games with interceptions, fumbles, or poor decisions, particularly during important situations near the end of a game. [3][4] "

Cam has put the team in plently of positions to win in the past,only to have the defense or coaches take their foot off the gas peddle.

Posted

they don't show up after wins. they most definitely have been here. there are several that showed up a couple weeks ago after being absent for a long time but as soon as things started turning around they disappeared. 

there were also some in here who had kept those opinions quiet for a while who started to be more vocal once there were more criticizing cam, but then they started supressing those comments

some may have been won over, but for the most part the cam haters are quiet and/or absent when things are going well.

That is how it is with everything.  When things are going well people are content.  When they are not people complain.  I haven't heard much from the Shula complainers or the Rivera complainers either.  But they are lurking just the same waiting for the next poor game or bad decision in order to pop back up and start bitching again.  Why would it be different with Cam as well?

4 people like this

Posted

cam is playing better because the coaches are using him better. they arnt asking him to do as much, and at this stage in his development it is a perfect fit. He is getting better like any young QB should be. he still has his faults, like not getting rid of the ball, but he is making better passing decisions. ill take that tradeoff most days.

Posted

I'm by no means a Cam hater, but it feel like every year Cam has a stretch of a great couple of game, and then lays an egg. He has looked great for 2 games lol....2 games.... and against awful teams. I hope he is making strides and his success is sustained but I'm not completely sold yet either.

Posted

Lol as if cam gives a poo about what some of you guys think about nitpicking every idiosyncracy he displays in the game

A lot of us aren't being nuthuggers but simply aren't going to waste time writing paper bricks about how cam doesn't have what it takes because of some stupid poo like his body language or how his footwork looks when defenders breach the line unblocked as soon as the ball snaps

1 person likes this

Posted

That is how it is with everything.  When things are going well people are content.  When they are not people complain.  I haven't heard much from the Shula complainers or the Rivera complainers either.  But they are lurking just the same waiting for the next poor game or bad decision in order to pop back up and start bitching again.  Why would it be different with Cam as well?

somewhat different scenarios between Cam and Rivera..  

I hope Rivera stays the course and continues to get his team to show up on gameday.    

Posted

somewhat different scenarios between Cam and Rivera..  

I hope Rivera stays the course and continues to get his team to show up on gameday.    

The criticism is much the same.  Newton is a third year quarterback.  Rivera is a third year head coach.  Both are learning and still figuring things out.  Both make mistakes.  Go ask the players about Rivera.  They love him and play hard for him every week.  They didn't give up last year and are working hard to help him save his job this year.

Posted

The criticism is much the same.  Newton is a third year quarterback.  Rivera is a third year head coach.  Both are learning and still figuring things out.  Both make mistakes.  

Out of curiosity, how many years experience do our coach and QB need before we can  start asking for a playoff appearance?

Posted

The criticism is much the same.  Newton is a third year quarterback.  Rivera is a third year head coach.  Both are learning and still figuring things out.  Both make mistakes.  Go ask the players about Rivera.  They love him and play hard for him every week.  They didn't give up last year and are working hard to help him save his job this year.

on the surface, I would agree..

I just think the vindictive attacks on Cam are much different than those who are simply ready to move on from Rivera.

one guy has proven throughout 3 years he'll give your team a chance to win more often than not.  the other guy has given fans a lot of tragic 4th quarter losses to store in the memory bank.

just seems the criticism from Cam is far more unwarranted due to the type of people constantly ready to attack him.  I don't think that's the same for Rivera.  

1 person likes this

Posted

Out of curiosity, how many years experience do our coach and QB need before we can  start asking for a playoff appearance?

Depends on the circumstances.  When Cam and Rivera came here we had little talent on this team.  Each year we have increased it to the point that this year we are at least in the conversation at this point. Some coaches like Reid inherited a pretty talented team and have turned it around right away.  It also depends on whether you have a seasoned coach or quarterback or you pick rookies at both positions.  Both Rivera and Newton were rookies at their position and have needed time to learn. That is the price you pay when you have guys who need to learn as you go.

1 person likes this