Blaine Gabbert era officially over.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#11 footballisasport

footballisasport

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

I still think Gabbert could be an okay QB in the right system, but he needs something more WCO oriented and he's not capable of carrying the load for an offense.

I wish I could find that article that came out right after the draft about Blaine.

I said from day one that Jake, Cam, Mallette were downgraded in their QB skills so Blaine, the media chosen QB, could look good. They wanted the draft competition to be between Luck and Cam but they ended up with Blaine because Luck stayed in schoold. They weren't going to pick Cam as the media chosen for all the wrong reasons.

#12 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

HUDDLER

Posted 26 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

I remember reading the Jaguars boards back in 2011 before our game against them. They had nicknamed him Blaine Swaggert and were convinced he was going to be Joe Montana. I lol'd then and I lol even harder now. Blaine Gabbert was a creation of the media who didn't even deserve to go in the first 5 rounds of the draft.

#13 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 26 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

I remember reading the Jaguars boards back in 2011 before our game against them. They had nicknamed him Blaine Swaggert and were convinced he was going to be Joe Montana. I lol'd then and I lol even harder now. Blaine Gabbert was a creation of the media who didn't even deserve to go in the first 5 rounds of the draft.

lol i remember someone talking about how he even cursed *gasp* in the huddle at their fan fest thing before the regular season and how that somehow meant he was going to be some fiery leader in the huddle or something.

#14 TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

TheGreatestOfAllTimeCam

Cam Nut Hugger

HUDDLER

Posted 26 October 2013 - 04:07 PM

bad organizations like this always seem to go back to a guy though after that guy is deemed dead.

#15 pantherj

pantherj

HUDDLER

Posted 27 October 2013 - 01:08 PM

Some of you might remember my rants about how Gabbert would be a bust. Glad we stayed clear.

#16 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 29 October 2013 - 11:14 AM

You are  not telling a lie. It simply shows how powerful those in the media have become. They will selll some folks a bridge to no where.

#17 General_Purr

General_Purr

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationMilky Way
HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2013 - 10:42 PM

glad hes not a panther but I think he could fit elsewhere. i dont think any young qb could not look bad at the jags....

#18 footballisasport

footballisasport

HUDDLER

Posted 11 November 2013 - 11:11 PM

glad hes not a panther but I think he could fit elsewhere. i dont think any young qb could not look bad at the jags....

Those in the media wanted you to believe that he was NFL ready and they also wanted you guys to draft him over Cam.

Also, the Jags are only a bad team because they don't have a good QB.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users