Jon Beason "I Want To Retire A Giant"

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,672 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:18 AM

"This is where I want to be," Beason said. "Next year will be eight years for me and they say you are getting up there in age. I want to retire a Giant."

Beason is in Beast mode in NY. Leading the team in tackles past 2 weeks and has gained the attention and respect of his coaches and team mates

Happy for the guy, but at the same time I always envisioned him retiring a Panther, even if he did go play for another team.

#2 SgtJoo

SgtJoo

Reppin that Bull City

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,512 posts
  • LocationDurham, NC

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:19 AM

A WHOLE PIE!

I think this is more of a "Please sign me after my contract is up after this year."

#3 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 24,706 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

I think he wants to finish his career there and not be a scrub jumping team to team

#4 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,215 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

He's saying the right words regardless of what us fans think. He can never come back here and play MLB so he knows that his best chance to be one long term is with NYG. I hope he gets that chance to finish his career in New York.

#5 RoaringRiot

RoaringRiot

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,446 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

A WHOLE PIE!

PR move for him. Let's stop worrying about what he's doing. I'm sorry his words are hurting some of your feelings, but let's focus on us.

#6 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,651 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

I remember when he held out when we drafted him.  I always got the notion that he wasn't wedded to the Panthers despite what he said over the years.  We stuck with him for years of non-production and paid him tens of millions for nothing. And this is what we get???

#7 ctrcat

ctrcat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:21 AM

Good luck Beast. Still a fan.

#8 French Navy

French Navy

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • LocationKing of the world, on a boat like Leo

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

From lurking on the Giants forum, many NY fans legitimately believe that Beason is gone after this season and won't be re-signed. It's like the opposite of the Hurney effect.

Why? I have no idea, he's the best LB on their team and one of few defensive leaders. I think he's sort of addressing this by letting everyone know he's not just looking to play and get a deal somewhere else.

We think Panther fans have it bad.

#9 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 19,814 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

he'd say that about any team he got traded to, given his situation. that's what you're supposed to say.

#10 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationKansas City

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

What's he supposed to say?  "Glad to be getting a paycheck right now and getting back playing the position I love, but I'm looking forward to testing the waters come March." 

#11 hepcat

hepcat

Skandalouz

• HUDDLER
  • 4,440 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

It's a good situation for him.  He walked onto a team that needed a defensive leader.  He knew his time was up in Carolina when they drafted Kuechly and he became a star.  Beason's a solid dude who deserves this.  I hope he does finish his career there and makes that defense respectable...in every game they don't play the Panthers.

#12 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 6,896 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

He might be racking up tackles but he's not looked great. He gives up a ton of yards. From a medical standpoint he will never command a nice contract again. I'm sure he would love a new deal.

#13 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,672 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:32 AM

of course not.  I would fully expect him to say hes happy to be a Giant and hopes to be one for a long time.  But hes been a giant for a few weeks.  He has already given Carolina his blood sweat and tears.  He is a Carolina Panther at heart.  He may not have meant it the way I am interpreting it but saying he wants to retire a Giant after a couple of games feels like getting shanked .

#14 panthers04100

panthers04100

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:33 AM

Yeah cause if he retires a giant that means he played well enough for them to keep him for a while.

#15 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 912 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:35 AM

So if we got a conditional pick for him and he keeps up his play, anyone think we get a 3rd for him?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com