Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jon Beason "I Want To Retire A Giant"

67 posts in this topic

Posted

of course not.  I would fully expect him to say hes happy to be a Giant and hopes to be one for a long time.  But hes been a giant for a few weeks.  He has already given Carolina his blood sweat and tears.  He is a Carolina Panther at heart.  He may not have meant it the way I am interpreting it but saying he wants to retire a Giant after a couple of games feels like getting shanked .

1 person likes this

Posted

Yeah cause if he retires a giant that means he played well enough for them to keep him for a while.

Posted

So if we got a conditional pick for him and he keeps up his play, anyone think we get a 3rd for him?

Posted

Yeah he's saying what he needs to and I don't blame him for it...

He's in the right spot to play to his skills and I'm happy for him.

I hope he continues to do well and gets a contract.

Posted

So if we got a conditional pick for him and he keeps up his play, anyone think we get a 3rd for him?

No way

Posted

Seriously, do you think before you post?

1 person likes this

Posted

Top 5 worst posters on here.

Posted

he'd say that about any team he got traded to, given his situation. that's what you're supposed to say.

esp. when he's on a one year contract.

the guy wants job security.

can't say i blame him.

Posted

Why is it so unrealistic to think we get a guaranteed 6th or 7th round pick but conditional 3rd round if he plays lights out? Hes a all pro MLB under 30 playing lights out, you make it seem as though I said we should get a 1st for him or something. The way hes playing hes worth a 3rd.

Posted

Why is it so unrealistic to think we get a guaranteed 6th or 7th round pick but conditional 3rd round if he plays lights out? Hes a all pro MLB under 30 playing lights out, you make it seem as though I said we should get a 1st for him or something. The way hes playing hes worth a 3rd.

He's a guy that played 5 total games the past two seasons combined, clearly lost a step in pass coverage after the injuries, and was benched for a FA pickup who had one TC to learn the scheme.  If he netted anything better than a 6th round pick, then Gettleman fleeced the Giants.  

I get that he was once a Pro Bowl player and I know a lot of Panthers fans love the guy, but take off your Hurndog glasses - he's not the same player he once was.

Posted

i wonder if he renegotiates after season's end.  i know we absorbed his guaranteed monies, but still makes a boatload.

Posted

it's an undisclosed pick.

undisclosed pick ≠ conditional pick

more than that...it's an undisclosed late round pick.

while it could be a conditional undisclosed pick, it's most likely a pick that has already been decided upon.

it's not going to be a third round. look at rounds 5-7.

1 person likes this