Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jon Beason "I Want To Retire A Giant"

67 posts in this topic

Posted

If that's truly how he feels then I am happy for him, and wish him the best through the rest of his career.

Honestly I'm just ready to find out what our compensation was and begin moving on, he is, so we should be too.

Posted

I remember when he held out when we drafted him.  I always got the notion that he wasn't wedded to the Panthers despite what he said over the years.  We stuck with him for years of non-production and paid him tens of millions for nothing. And this is what we get???

I, distinctively, remember you defending him when i was bashing him.. and his contract...... 

Posted

I'm not so sure.

I've begun to think you really does have some hard feelings towards the organization.

You can rightly say that any team would have chosen Luke as a starter, but I doubt Beason would completely accept that (few competitors would).

And when you get right down to it, the team didn't have to draft Luke in the first place, did they?

It does seem like he's been taking little shots at Carolina. He's not going to come out and say anything because he still has a lot of buddies here. Remember when we drafted Luke it was clear he wasn't happy and said that he would only play in the middle. This team gave him every opportunity. They stuck him out there even when it was hurting the team.

People say they don't mind him saying it, but how would you feel of Luke said it on another team 6 years from now.

Posted

I, distinctively, remember you defending him when i was bashing him.. and his contract...... 

I am saying that he was about himself not the team from day 1.  If you remember I was the first one that came on here  years ago and told you and everyone else that the Achilles injury would be difficult to recover from and he likely would never be the same based on an NFL study done over a number of years measuring outcomes of Achilles surgery. Particularly as a linebacker.  Exactly what did I defend him about??

Posted

I remember before the 2012 draft they asked Beason who he thought the safest pick of the draft was... and his answer was none other than Luke Kuechly.

The man who replaced him.

Posted

I am saying that he was about himself not the team from day 1.  If you remember I was the first one that came on here  years ago and told you and everyone else that the Achilles injury would be difficult to recover from and he likely would never be the same based on an NFL study done over a number of years measuring outcomes of Achilles surgery. Particularly as a linebacker.  Exactly what did I defend him about??

pre injury... when he was still healthy... I always thought he was over-rated.. and didn't think he deserved the contract that he got.

Posted

pre injury... when he was still healthy... I always thought he was over-rated.. and didn't think he deserved the contract that he got.

Yes, a 2 time All-Pro linebacker was over-rated. Please share with us more of your football knowledge.

Posted

Yes, a 2 time All-Pro linebacker was over-rated. Please share with us more of your football knowledge.

he wasn't too good then... now look at him.... scrubbin keeks cleets 

I, FOR ONE, KNEW IT WAS NOT WORTH THE INVESTMENT... INVEST YOUR FUTURE WITH ME!

Posted

Lets not overreact to his retirement comments. Its not like he's snubbing us for a HOF enshrinement or something.

He knows he's getting older and hasn't got many more years left to play. The Giants are a great opportunity for him to continue being a starter at MLB for a couple more years.

He sure looks really happy playing again up there, energetic and slapping helmets left and right. It was likely killing him watching Keek blow it up every game at MLB.

Its sad to see a long time Panther wearing another jersey but this move was best for both parties. Chase has been great at OLB for us and we have Klein to develop behind him. He was gone after the year anyway.

Posted

Do you expect anything else from Beason. He is a class act and that does not leave because he is playing for another team. Every team in the league could use leaders like Jon. I'm just thankful he is not in our divison

Posted

where have i heard this before.. oh how about .. ill never go to the superbowl unless im playing in one - jon beason a while back. Its nice and sweet but the NFL is too damn competitive and unfortunately all those young men are laying their bodies on the line. By the third year of their Pro Careers they are totally done. I love beason to death but i think it will take him about 1 more year for him to be impactful but not as deadly as he used to be. :) 

All the best. 

Posted

Better get used to seeing us move away from players because it seems that Gettlemen is more attached to winning than he is to players feelings.

So yea its time for the fanbase to change with the Panthers and stop clinging to every player that ever puts on a uniform.