#1 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 37,388 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:36 AM

Bucs Coach Greg Schiano is pretty much beset on all sides. His tenure in Tampa has been a disaster and now it's to the point that a 'Fire Schiano' billboard has been erected by a local radio station.

So in the midst of this unholy mess, how do the players play in tonight's game?

Do they man up, play angry and give us a repeat of last week's chippy penalty fest, or do they half-ass it and lay down because they know their coach is a goner?

What will we see?

#2 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,192 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

Angry bucs team.  They want to win and would love to be 1-6 at our expense.

#3 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• HUDDLER
  • 12,328 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:37 AM

They're not playing for Schiano they are playing for the next coach and their careers.

#4 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,242 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:39 AM

They will play hard.

All these people expecting a blowout and that they have quit.....are going to have a meltdown.

#5 4Corners

4Corners

suck me beautiful

• HUDDLER
  • 14,033 posts
  • Location704

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Bucs Coach Greg Schiano is pretty much beset on all sides. His tenure in Tampa has been a disaster and now it's to the point that a 'Fire Schiano' billboard has been erected by a local radio station.

So in the midst of this unholy mess, how do the players play in tonight's game?

Do they man up, play angry and give us a repeat of last week's chippy penalty fest, or do they half-ass it and lay down because they know their coach is a goner?

What will we see?

The Bucs are going to win a game this year. They have talent on that team. A lot of it. The NFL is unpredicatble especially national TV games. I was reading some of the TB message boards this week and a lot of them sounded like they wouldn't have been too upset to see Josh Freeman light it up on MNF and the Panthers beat their asses on TNF. A lot of them had the feeling that would have been the final nails in the coffin for Schiano and he would have been fired on Friday. 

Personally, I'm still bitter about those Buc games last year and I honestly think Cam could have a game similar to what he did against the Iggles last year on MNF. 

Like I said though - the Bucs are going to win a game sooner or later and I don't care if we win by 1 or 100 as long as we get in & get out with a W!!!

#6 Johnny Rockets

Johnny Rockets

Mayor of Awesomeville

• HUDDLER
  • 6,093 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:43 AM

I don't know how they are going to play, I'm just here because Mr. Scott used the word "erect".

#7 Udogg

Udogg

Cardiac Victim since 95

• HUDDLER
  • 3,167 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

Reasons for Bucs to play hard:

@ home

nationally televised game

winless

professional football players

division rival

Reasons for Bucs to not play hard:

MRSA

Greg Schiano is a Bill Belichek wannabe without the resume to back it up.

They are the Bucs.

#8 ed bell

ed bell

Ruthless Riverboat Ron

• HUDDLER
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

I'm not ready to assume this team is not able to deliver a solid performance for sixty minutes. If they do that tonight Tampa is toast. Were the losses this year dissapointing? Yes...but improvement is the overall trend and we saw real fire and animation from everyone for the first time Sunday....I believe something clicked.

#9 pdub0702

pdub0702

pdub0702

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • LocationSouthern Pines, NC

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:46 AM

The Buc's have talent on their team and are still professional football players. I think they'll play hard for at least two reasons:

1) Personal pride. Nobody likes to lose, especially competitors

2) They hate us.

In saying this, I would like our team to come out and play chippy. I am curious if Captain' is gonna be covering Vincent Jackson? The size advantage (in this case) may be a problem. Hopefully our front 7 puts enough pressure on Glennon and forces him to make bad decisions. Overall, this game may come down to the last couple drives.

#10 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,242 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:47 AM

I'm not ready to assume this team is not able to deliver a solid performance for sixty minutes. If they do that tonight Tampa is toast. Were the losses this year dissapointing? Yes...but improvement is the overall trend and we saw real fire and animation from everyone for the first time Sunday....I believe something clicked.

The Thur night aspect is my real concern.

Games are won during the week....RR didn't have his team prepared in his only Thur game. Short week was a big issue. We were horrible against a team we should of been in it with

#11 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,388 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

I don't know how they are going to play, I'm just here because Mr. Scott used the word "erect".

:lol:

#12 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,388 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:58 AM

Someone (local radio, I think) pointed out that the Panthers have never won a Thursday night game.

My favorite line though came from a CBS guy (forget which one) who said this game should be sponsored by Lysol :lol:

#13 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,550 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:59 AM

Players want a win but I also think that possibly they want Schiano gone more.  What better way to send him on his way then to lay an egg in a Nationally televised game. 

#14 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 24,242 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:00 PM

Someone (local radio, I think) pointed out that the Panthers have never won a Thursday night game.

My favorite line though came from a CBS guy (forget which one) who said this game should be sponsored by Lysol :lol:

0-3

and RR's was the biggest train wreck.  He normally has us in any game.  That was one of maybe 2 in his career he clearly didn't have this team ready to play.

#15 CharlottePanther

CharlottePanther

• Stop Making Threads...
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 12:01 PM

30-3 Panthers and the fans saying they were scared of this game will look silly. I honestly cant think of a better opponent to play to get above .500

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.