Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fight or Meltdown?

30 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Players want a win but I also think that possibly they want Schiano gone more.  What better way to send him on his way then to lay an egg in a Nationally televised game. 

Posted · Report post

Someone (local radio, I think) pointed out that the Panthers have never won a Thursday night game.

My favorite line though came from a CBS guy (forget which one) who said this game should be sponsored by Lysol :lol:

0-3

and RR's was the biggest train wreck.  He normally has us in any game.  That was one of maybe 2 in his career he clearly didn't have this team ready to play.

Posted · Report post

30-3 Panthers and the fans saying they were scared of this game will look silly. I honestly cant think of a better opponent to play to get above .500

Posted · Report post

Players want a win but I also think that possibly they want Schiano gone more.  What better way to send him on his way then to lay an egg in a Nationally televised game. 

also easy to lose your job when the next coach arrives putting slop on tape....

players play usually.  Our guys played hard with lameduck Fox and Jimmy Jam to the end.  They weren't playing for Fox.....

Posted · Report post

30-3 Panthers and the fans saying they were scared of this game will look silly. I honestly cant think of a better opponent to play to get above .500

Jacksonville.  Plus TB always plays us hard.  You should be worried.

Posted · Report post

also easy to lose your job when the next coach arrives putting slop on tape....

players play usually.  Our guys played hard with lameduck Fox and Jimmy Jam to the end.  They weren't playing for Fox.....

our players liked fox though.  They didnt want him gone.

Posted · Report post

I think they'll play inspired until we stomp whatever confidence is left in them out.

We CAN NOT guve them hope. Punch them in the mouth and don't let up for 60 minutes.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I think if they're playing some random team, the chances of them not giving a shit would be higher. But this is a division rival. Games between the Panthers and Bucs will be physical and hard fought until the end of time.

Posted · Report post

our players liked fox though.  They didnt want him gone.

well, have you watched Tampa?

Does that D look like they aren't playing hard?  David especially is flat out balling 

Posted · Report post

Jacksonville. Plus TB always plays us hard. You should be worried.

The Bucs were in a very similar situation in 2011 like now and we beat them like 40-16 in Tampa Bay when our D was utter garbage.

Posted · Report post

The Thur night aspect is my real concern.

Games are won during the week....RR didn't have his team prepared in his only Thur game. Short week was a big issue. We were horrible against a team we should of been in it with

I'm concerned about the short week to an extent, but I do remember hearing that Ron and coaches started reviewing film last Friday. I'm also encouraged that the quick turnaround for the players could mean they still have the buzz from being pumped up this past Sunday.

Posted · Report post

The Bucs are going to win a game this year. They have talent on that team. A lot of it. The NFL is unpredicatble especially national TV games. I was reading some of the TB message boards this week and a lot of them sounded like they wouldn't have been too upset to see Josh Freeman light it up on MNF and the Panthers beat their asses on TNF. A lot of them had the feeling that would have been the final nails in the coffin for Schiano and he would have been fired on Friday. 

Personally, I'm still bitter about those Buc games last year and I honestly think Cam could have a game similar to what he did against the Iggles last year on MNF. 

Like I said though - the Bucs are going to win a game sooner or later and I don't care if we win by 1 or 100 as long as we get in & get out with a W!!!

and no MRSA