• Please log in to reply
75 replies to this topic

#41 Actionman0z

Actionman0z

Strong Member

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:06 AM

I love him knee deep in some Zebra ANUS. That was awesome. We almost shat the bed at the end. Really disappointed in Kenjon Barner, and didn't like throwing so much on those 3 punt drives after the 2 TD's...... needed this win.. need a few more in the next 3 weeks.

#42 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

Moderators

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:08 AM

I'm with you Mav. I really thought after 2+ years of doing the same thing over and over again, there was no way that he would change his approach or philosophy. He did. Props to him.

It's amazing that just a slight shift in mindset - such as going for it on 4th and 1 versus the alternatives, has made all the difference in the final outcomes of games.

I said some things that I feel really bad about in hindsight about Ron, but such is the life of a fan... wins make us all happy.

#43 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 October 2013 - 12:12 AM

While I love the wins, its about the quality of the wins. We should be beating bad teams to a pulp. Win against the niners,Pats, Taints, and make the playoffs. Then Rivera should be considered for rehiring.

#44 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationAlaska
HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

It is great to finally see an aggressive coaching staff and a team that doesn't play down to the level of the competition.

Next hurdle, beat a team with a winning record, and do it convincingly.

Thanks Ron and Mike, keep up the good work. 

#45 Jai

Jai

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:59 AM

For everybody that says we're just beating sorry team's, well guess what, before now, we were losing to sorry teams, Buffalo anybody?  They've found an identity and Cam has stopped forcing things and just taking what the D is giving him.  Defense is bending but not breaking.  Rivera is coaching much, much better, if you say otherwise, your blind.

#46 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• LocationMaryland
HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2013 - 03:59 AM

Id rather beat sorry teams and be in the playoffs then lose close games to good teams constantly

#47 MadHatter

MadHatter

The Only Voice of Reason

• LocationDark Side of the Moon
HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2013 - 05:44 AM

Both Rivera and Shula have stepped it up.

Shula has been calling great games as of Kate and Cam us executing them near perfection. They really seem to be on the same page.

Somewhere Zod us sitting in a dark room crying because Shula has not failed.

#48 jarhead

jarhead

• Locationnear Charlotte
HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

He still has to prove he can win against winning teams but I am pulling for him. 

#49 DaveThePanther2008

DaveThePanther2008

Gonna live and die as a faithful Panther Fan

• LocationMelfa
HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:24 AM

One thing you can give Rivera is he has been in the trenches (Unlike Schaino) and has the respect of his team.

I am happy for him and now I want to see what he does against coaches that have been more successful than him,  Smith, Harbaugh, Billicheat.

#50 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• LocationAt the lake
HUDDLER

Posted 25 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

I don't know why folks think his changes are so huge.  I have been saying for years that he is a first time head coach and has plenty to learn.  He has been making changes along the way.  It isn't until we started winning early in the year that anyone notices.  This is what you have to deal with when you have a young team and a first time head coach.  It takes time and patience while they learn what to do.  Hopefully we can reap the benefits.  Our team has won 8 out of their last 11 games.

BTW: he will likely do some boneheaded things this year as well.  That is what you get, the good with the bad.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users