Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Time to ger Hardy a new contract.

37 posts in this topic

Posted

wouldn't it be nice to free up 100mil in RB contracts to sign a WR, Hardy, and Cam..   if only we lived in a world where that were possible.  Oh well.

Be nice if we could restructure Johnsons contract.  If I had my choice I would take Hardy over Johnson.

1 person likes this

Posted

Let me put it this way.  Who do you want more Hardy or Cam?  You cant have both and Johnson.

CAM CAM

Posted

I would love to resign him but I'm not letting cam walk to do it.

AMEN

Posted

"Pay that man!!!!!!!!!!! " (little Asian girl commercial).

I thought Hardy had two sacks last night. Was the first one where Glennon fumbled only counted as a tackle for loss?

Posted

Be nice if we could restructure Johnsons contract.  If I had my choice I would take Hardy over Johnson.

at one point I would have agreed because I'd rather take youth/contracts over old..  We could probably get a sub-Johnson contract out of Hardy.  But still, Johnson is so disruptive.  I feel we would need to grab a stud DE in the draft to replace Johnson in that situation.  

and I'm just not sold on Alexander like most people.  He doesn't come off his blocks as well as either Hardy or CJ.

I'd rather see a restructure from Johnson, but not one where we just guarantee more money and raise the cap in future years.  He seems like a real pro so maybe Gettleman could rewrite a new contract for him.  wishful thinking, I know..

basically I dont really think there is one solution..  there are going to have to be a few tweaks to get this DL set for the foreseeable future.

Posted

Greg is one of my favorite Panthers but if we sign him we will be cutting other guys. Think guys like Thomas Davis.

Posted

at one point I would have agreed because I'd rather take youth/contracts over old..  We could probably get a sub-Johnson contract out of Hardy.  But still, Johnson is so disruptive.  I feel we would need to grab a stud DE in the draft to replace Johnson in that situation.  

and I'm just not sold on Alexander like most people.  He doesn't come off his blocks as well as either Hardy or CJ.

I'd rather see a restructure from Johnson, but not one where we just guarantee more money and raise the cap in future years.  He seems like a real pro so maybe Gettleman could rewrite a new contract for him.  wishful thinking, I know..

basically I dont really think there is one solution..  there are going to have to be a few tweaks to get this DL set for the foreseeable future.

Yeah with Johnson locked up I don't see Gettleman putting all that money in two DE.  He will pick up a rookie in the draft and letting Hardy walk.  Because down the road Star and Short will be coming due for a contract.  Same deal keep one and the other will walk.

1 person likes this

Posted

I kept thinking this during the game. I have a bad feeling however.. He lightweight deserves a nice contract, but we got Cam and Luke to wrap up shortly. We'll see what the G man has in store.

Posted

I think he's worth a contract for 30 mil over 4 years, mostly guaranteed. He should take into consideration that he's one on one alot of the time due to Johnson and Star. The grass isnt always greener on the other side and I hope he takes that into consideration.

Posted

He is getting into his midseason form no doubt about it

Soon as I was typing this, that release the Kraken commercial came on lol. Wow

Posted

Think he will get paid elsewhere sadly

Posted

Well, to be fair, 5 (all but 1) of his sacks have come against teams that are now a combined 1-13.  I'd really like to hang onto Hardy, but I'd also like to see some production from him against good competition this season before handing out a big deal.